Home Open Account Help 295 users online

Model Railroading > N scale bli and athearn engine's

Date: 07/08/20 04:22
N scale bli and athearn engine's
Author: Highhood

Are either of these good runners/performers. Both dc and dcc.

Thanks in advance for any answers to this question and thanks for my other questions being answered.

Posted from Android

Date: 07/08/20 14:41
Re: N scale bli and athearn engine's
Author: ironmtn

I have an N-scale DCC-sound Broadway Limited (BLI) E-7, and it is a good runner and good puller. Smooth operation, very good low-speed performance, nice throttle response, good sound (if slightly tinny to my ear). Also a good puller: 8 passenger cars on a 2% grade with curvature, or about 15 40- or 50-foot 1950s-era freight cars on the same grade.

Appearance-wise, it is excellent. Mine is in Pere Marquette paint, a sophisticated scheme, and the paint and decoration is flawless.

I bought it as a retirement gift for myself last year. I am very pleased with it.

Date: 07/18/20 17:46
Re: N scale bli and athearn engine's
Author: Nscaler

I have both a BLI E8A and an Athearn 'F59PHI', both w/DCC & sound.

Agreed, the BLI model is an excellent runner.  The 'F59PHI' (note the semi-quotes) on the other hand has given me fits getting it to run smoothly.  Had it apart to check everything (seems ok) but it's still stubborn.

I used the semi-quotes because yet again, it's Athearn's attempt to model a Canadian road (in this case, GO Transit) using the wrong model (in this case, using their MP40 to model the F59***).

IMO, BLI is worth the higher price.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0313 seconds