Home Open Account Help 399 users online

Model Railroading > Micro-trains temporarily closed /wildfire activity in region

Date: 09/11/20 08:10
Micro-trains temporarily closed /wildfire activity in region
Author: pilotblue

Good Morning Gang,

I was checking the Micro-trains website this morning and saw a notice stating that due to recent wildfire activity, they are temporarily closed. I took a look at before and after aerial photos of Talent Oregon. The MT building is intact but the neighborhoods around town took a hard hit. Keeping things in proper perspective, lets hope that all employees and family members are safe and sound.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/20 08:23 by pilotblue.

Date: 09/11/20 09:37
Re: Micro-trains temporarily closed /wildfire activity in region
Author: railstiesballast

To build model trains employees are more essential than buildings I think.
Yes, best wishes for all those very clever, hard working people and their families.

Date: 09/11/20 10:06
Author: patd3985

Hope all is well to them! This whole year of 2020 seems to be one bummered thing after another! I'm starting to feel like I'm Job! (think Old Testament here). "I've finished my draught and famine. Can I please have my worts and pestilence now?"

Date: 09/11/20 15:10
Author: SPDRGWfan

No surpise.  The first report I read was that fire had swept through town and it wasn't known if the MT factory had bee spared or not.  There have been video's posted of someone drving thru town the next day and you can see the MT factory at one point but across the street buildings were destroyed.  It's no surprise MT is closed temporarily, but that's better than destroyed along with tooling and all the essentials needed for manufacture that would be hard or costly to replace.

With all the major damage due to fires out west, living there during the past ten or so years would be like rolling the dice with the sword of Damoclese hanging over.  Fire was always a hazard when I lived in northern California but it seems much worse now than back in the 70's and 80's.  I read that one of these major fires was started by fireworks from someone having a gender reveal party of all things.  *sigh*  

MT has always produced nice well detailed N scale trains so hopefully they will recover and get back up to speed! 

Cheers, Jim

Date: 09/11/20 17:41
Author: Valleyman

Five of there employees have had there homes destroyed by this fire. There’s a go fund me account set up to help them find a place to live. It’s , Micro Trains Lines Displaced Employees Fire Fund, if anyone would like to help. I just donated myself. Over 600 homes were destroyed by this fire. Plus countless businesses.

Valleyman

Date: 09/11/20 17:49
Author: ironmtn

I hope and pray for the safety of so many people at the time of these terrible fires. Among them surely is the entire team at MicroTrains Line. Let all of us, especially those of us like me who are fans of and regular customers for their N-gauge products, hope and pray that everyone is safe and well, and that their homes are also safe and whole. But even if that is so, those people will almost certainly have friends and family members who were affected by the fire. This was a terrible event visited upon this small community, the kind of place where a community is tightly knit, and family and friends are seldom far away.

For all of them, and for everyone suffering from the devastation of these terrible fires, let us keep them in our thoughts and prayers, and stand ready to help them through charitable gifts of aid now, and support to their businesses when they are able to resume.

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Date: 09/11/20 18:03
Author: ironmtn

Valleyman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Five of there employees have had there homes
> destroyed by this fire. There’s a go fund me
> account set up to help them find a place to live.
> It’s , Micro Trains Lines Displaced Employees
> Fire Fund, if anyone would like to help. I just
> donated myself. Over 600 homes were destroyed by
> this fire. Plus countless businesses.
>
> Valleyman

Just saw this post after I made my post above. I have also donated, and encourage you to do the same. These folks produce outstanding products that so many of us who are N-gaugers enjoy. Let's support them in their hour of need.

Direct link to the appropriate Go-Fund-Me-Page: https://gf.me/u/yxriys

MC
Muskegon, Michigan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/11/20 18:04 by ironmtn.

Date: 09/14/20 10:08
Author: pedrop

I saw these pics in facebook today. It is really sad.

Pedro Rezende
Vespasiano MG,
https://youtube.com/c/minasgeraisrailways1

Date: 09/14/20 12:47
Author: TCnR

There should be some kind of description with those photos. The last two appear to be in one of the mobile home parks, perhaps across the street from MicroTrains.

There was a count of 600 homes burnt, then it came out that number was for the town of Talent only. There were more homes lost in other towns in the area.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0579 seconds