Home Open Account Help 392 users online

Model Railroading > Fans of Micro-Mark??

Date: 10/15/20 12:46
Fans of Micro-Mark??
Author: Frank30

A question for those who have enjoyed Micro-Mark's stellar performance in the past:
Are you bewildered by the changes in the past year or so?  Instructions not followed,
partial shipments, no paperwork to explain what you're getting and pricing, etc. etc.
What's up? 
Frank30

Date: 10/15/20 12:54
Re: Fans of Micro-Mark??
Author: bigmc83

I only have second hand experience, but we visited my extended family earlier this year.  A few weeks before our trip, my dad ordered an Estes rocket set for my son and him to build and launch.  We visited for 2 weeks, and the package never came during our visit.  I think it arrived a week after we left.  I don't understand what happened on MicroMark's end, because we could've ordered it on Amazon and had it in a few days via Prime.  I'm not expecting Amazon level shipping, but weeks of waiting is not what I remember with MicroMark.  

Sean McCaffery

Date: 10/15/20 12:55
Author: brfriedm

Have ordered from them several times in the last few months and everything came promptly and correctly.  Bruce

Frank30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A question for those who have enjoyed Micro-Mark's
> stellar performance in the past:
> Are you bewildered by the changes in the past year
> or so?  Instructions not followed,
> partial shipments, no paperwork to explain what
> you're getting and pricing, etc. etc.
> What's up? 
> Frank30

Date: 10/15/20 13:23
Author: pilotblue

Gotta second Bruce's reply, no issues at all.

Date: 10/15/20 13:58
Author: wabash2800

The only thing I can say is that some of Micro Mark's claims are questionable. For example, its literature makes it sound like they invented decal rivets and often they don't state the manufacturer of products they sell, particularly the model trains. Has anyone else noticed this?

Edit: I stand corrected on my second point. It appears that they have been listing the manufacturers of rolling stock. However, I recall when they weren't. Perhaps MM got called on it.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/20 14:20 by wabash2800.

Date: 10/15/20 17:34
Author: birdman

Their former General Manager retired over a year ago.  Just sayin'.

Date: 10/16/20 06:36
Author: Frank30

Birdman:

I'm very aware of that. That's when the problems started happening.
Frank30

Date: 10/16/20 06:44
Author: brfriedm

Well pick up the phone and call their customer service Frank. I bet in the last year I have done 10 orders with them in 12 months and all have been flawless. 

https://www.micromark.com/customer-service

Bruce

Frank30 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Birdman:
>
> I'm very aware of that. That's when the problems
> started happening.
> Frank30

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 06:46 by brfriedm.

Date: 10/16/20 08:09
Author: randgust

Had an order that was backordered for semi-hazmat (ground only).

Backorder was filled within a month... but "Fedex SmartPost" or whatever lost the darn thing in West Virginia for 3 weeks without any movement, then it mysteriiously showed up.

"Last mile" is via USPS, but this was stuck in the middle someplace and 4 weeks in transit.   Had a tracking number but didn't really help much.   I don't know if this was linked to the general slowdown of USPS or what it was, but it finally got here.

Micro-Mark has been my goto for my materials, and if they go down, I'm down.

www.randgust.com/Kit_parts_hi_res.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/20 11:50 by randgust.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0822 seconds