Home Open Account Help 363 users online

Model Railroading > PT Trains 40' HO container

Date: 10/16/20 03:19
PT Trains 40' HO container
Author: brfriedm

Like many folks, I just recently found out about this company and their containers in HO. After reading some information about their products I decided to order one of their containers. Purchased it off Ebay from a Canadian company called Kingston Locomotive Works. It was shipped promptly and It got here in the US in only a few days. PT Trains is a Portuguese company which is pretty cool and the container did not disappoint. Beautiful paint and markings, fine detail and the doors open.  Inside is also a painted dark brown floor. Doors are not fragile in any way and they open and close freely. Obviously these are 40' containers used in International service and if you look at their website, they make a 20' version also.  I am betting they will do well. On The CSX Philadelphia sub which I model, about 90% of the container business is 53' domestic containers and 10% international containers so I do not need many but I surely will buy a few more over time. With the doors that open, would be good for a scene where the container is being loaded or unloaded or being broken into LOL.

Cheers Bruce Friedman

http://www.pttrains.pt/en/ehome/

PS - I just looked at their catalog and they also have 45' containers and open top containers. Nice

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 03:23 by brfriedm.

Date: 10/16/20 03:19
Re: PT Trains 40' HO container

A few more pictures.

Date: 10/16/20 03:20

Last one. Have a nice weekend. Cheers

Date: 10/16/20 03:39
Author: ghemr

Thanks for the review---that is certainly a fine product!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 03:50 by ghemr.

Date: 10/16/20 04:29
Author: Lighter

The detail that strikes me is the ISO connection castings on the corners. It would be serendipity if the A-Line IBC pins will fit. This would be a first so far as I know that doesn't require tedious drilling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/20 04:31 by Lighter.

Date: 10/16/20 05:11
Author: djh4d

Bruce, thanks for posting these. That's a sharp looking container and it will really pop with some weathering. Also, can you post some pics of that DODX flat in the background?

-Dave

Date: 10/16/20 08:47
Author: mcdeo

Great review Bruce, thank you for sharing. I could see these as a detailed scene for sure with the doors open and so forth.

Question, do they line up with other containers when stacked? I know most manufactures line up, but not all. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 10/16/20 10:59
Author: tracktime

Fantastic.  These look to be outstanding models!  I look forward to receiving the ones I have on order.

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 10/16/20 11:03
Author: Fredo

With opening doors you can now model a train that has been hit by thieves. Just put a load in about an inch or so of cardboerd boxes and 1 or 2 outside the container and call the Special Agents or PO's . Don't forget to dent up a few boxes and scatter them alongside the tracks that were left behind because they heard glass breaking and didn't want them.

Date: 10/16/20 16:34
Author: boejoe

Hi Bruce;
  The flat car load with two armored pieces looks interesting.  Can you provide a close up and more details about the models please?
joe

Date: 10/16/20 18:58
Author: chitownjeff

Bruce,
Can these containers be mounted on other manufacturers containers either on top or bottom position?

TIA,
Jeff

Date: 10/16/20 20:30
Author: PHall

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Bruce;
>   The flat car load with two armored pieces looks
> interesting.  Can you provide a close up and more
> details about the models please?
> joe

Those are M-109A6 "Paladin" 155mm Self propelled Howitzers.

Date: 10/17/20 06:05

Here are a few shots of the PT Trains 40' container with a 40' Athearn ZIM container. They line up perfectly but the PT trains container does not have any pins so you would have to make your own to connect. and some shots of the bottom which were requested by a few others. 

Bruce

Date: 10/17/20 06:06

As requested. Have a good weekend.  Bruce

Date: 10/17/20 09:08
Author: boejoe

Very nice self propelled howitzers.  Who makes them?  Kits or R-T-R?
joe

Date: 10/17/20 17:17
Author: Chad

Just ordered a couple of 40' and one 20' They look great. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0623 seconds