Home Open Account Help 259 users online

Model Railroading > Boston and Maine 9 Wouburn

Date: 10/19/20 09:45
Boston and Maine 9 Wouburn
Author: santafedan

The local that switches Wouburn has a bit of thinking to do.  If the RDC is in the station things get a bit more complicated.  The RDC is usually out of the way.
Depending on just how many cars need to be worked, it take at least an hour to an hour and a half to do.

Date: 10/19/20 11:00
Re: Boston and Maine 9 Wouburn
Author: jdtravis

Fast clock or real time? This is the kind of layout I want to build.

Date: 10/19/20 11:25
Author: Barstool

GUYS....Not every industry needs a switch every day and since this is a rural area, it shouldn't take too long to complete the switching, but the track plan is inviting and even if one or two cars need a spot or a pull, it will still be fun, a neate track layout....

Date: 10/19/20 12:34
Author: santafedan

Barstool Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> GUYS....Not every industry needs a switch every
> day and since this is a rural area, it shouldn't
> take too long to complete the switching, but the
> track plan is inviting and even if one or two cars
> need a spot or a pull, it will still be fun, a
> neate track layout....

Wouburn is a suburb of Boston.  The owner knows the place well.  Though the industries are named for specific people, it was a busy place.  The time is real time and not fast clock.
I have worked out the morning commuter runs from Lowell and Woburn based on the timetable of the era.  The morning runs are to be completed by those who will do the 5 locals.  It so happens the Lowell to Boston trips were about 60 miles.  I have made a scedule of stops that mimic the run time with a fast clock that matches the timetable.  We have not run that part of the ops yet.
Most of the industries will be worked each ops session.  It just depends on the car cards as to what happens.

Date: 10/19/20 17:37
Author: BostonMaine

As always, many thanks Dan.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds