Home Open Account Help 319 users online

Model Railroading > Best source for HO scale Track?

Date: 11/25/20 09:04
Best source for HO scale Track?
Author: lugnut4449

Im looking into building another HO scale layout, Ill need lots of track to do what I want, My past layouts ive used Atlas code 83 and im fine using that again, Theres nothing within in a 100 miles of me so ill be looking online
I believe the last layout i bought the bulk of the track from Standard hobby, I dont see them avail anymore, who is the best source online, giving you the best bang for your buck all around? Thanks for your response

Date: 11/25/20 09:14
Re: Best source for HO scale Track?
Author: wabash2800

Well, I know you said there aren't any hobby shops within a reasonable driving distance. But hobby shops will often discount a large quantity purchase and perhaps you could come out ahead by ordering and driving to that hobby shop to pick it up compared to paying discount online plus shipping on multiple shipments? A reputable hobby shop will also stand behind the products if there are any issues. You may be up the creek if you buy from a major discounter and you have an issue. Some years ago I bought some major brand flex track online that was not comparable to the same brand flex I had bought years ago while it was still made in the USA. It was small sample, but I came away from that experience nonplused and stuck with a bundle of flex, which as you know is not cheap.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/20 09:35 by wabash2800.

Date: 11/25/20 18:43
Re: Best source for HO scale Track?
Author: SPDRGWfan

Modeltrainstuff.com is where I ordered most of my track in recent years.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0305 seconds