Home Open Account Help 372 users online

Model Railroading > Merry Christmas!

Date: 11/28/20 11:26
Merry Christmas!
Author: djansson

Who has their train around the tree up yet?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/20 11:36 by djansson.

Date: 11/28/20 15:27
Re: Merry Christmas!
Author: icancmp193

Who has a tree yet? Going to be tough to come by in my neighborhood, unless you chop your own, which IMHO is anything but a pleasureable experience.

TJY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/20 15:28 by icancmp193.

Date: 11/29/20 05:52
Author: Bob3985

We are running Christmas trains on our Sherman Hill Model RRd Club layout in our mall here in Cheyenne.
The mall asked to be open on Black Friday so we obliged and we had 423 visitors.

Bob Krieger
Cheyenne, WY

Date: 11/29/20 09:00
Author: Radioman77

Have my new to me Lionel up and running waiting for a grand daughter to come and decorate the tree!
John

Date: 11/30/20 18:39
Author: wabash2800

This may be the first time in many years that I will put up the Christmas tree. I plan on putting an exact replica of my very first train set (see my other posts) under the tree, whether it runs or not.

Victor A. Baird
http://www.erstwhilepublications.com

Date: 11/30/20 19:28
Author: SPDRGWfan

Two cats and one still basically a kitten. Need I say more. Would a G scale hold up? Tree it too small anyway. Maybe next year?

Posted from Android

Date: 11/30/20 20:03
Author: PHall

My christmas tree base bolts to a 4ft x 4ft piece of 1/2" plywood. I have a 25 pound Maine Coon who likes to climb! (She still thinks she's a kitten and she's 17!)

Date: 12/01/20 05:19
Author: SPDRGWfan

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My christmas tree base bolts to a 4ft x 4ft piece
> of 1/2" plywood. I have a 25 pound Maine Coon who
> likes to climb! (She still thinks she's a kitten
> and she's 17!)

That's crazy, and also a good age.  My understanding is Maine Coons don't live as long as smaller cats, but my wife and I still want to get one eventually (gentle giants).  Right now we have two half-Main Coons that were rescue cats.  They are basically small Main Coons,  The "kitten" is just about a year old now and this is her first Christmas but so far no tree climing.  My sister's old cat died several years ago and she finally got a replacement kitten.  Here is her cat's first Christmas tree photo (tried to rotate it but every time it attaches sideways)

As for trains, my goal is to put a proper G scale train around a tree, but my hobby budget is already more than blown right now so maybe next year.  Dang you ScaleTrains with your surprise run of SD40T-2's!

Cheers,
Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0413 seconds