Home Open Account Help 338 users online

Model Railroading > Storage boxes

Date: 01/09/21 15:51
Storage boxes
Author: mully

Hi all I’m looking for some larger storage boxes for locomotives and cars. Need ones that have dividers and lift outs

Looked at train boxes plus but they dont look active

Anyone know of any?

Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/09/21 15:56
Re: Storage boxes
Author: PHall

Try A-Line/Proto Power West.

Date: 01/09/21 16:10

Thanks I looked and have some of those but I didn’t see what I needed. I’m looking for a bigger box both wider and deeper that has multiple pull outs

Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/09/21 16:12
Author: march_hare

Go and Google "core boxes". These are subdivided boxes used by geologists to store cylindrical rock cores obtained during exploration  drilling projects. They come in all sizes from 1 and 2 inch cores up to 6 or 8 inches.   Each box holds several cores. 

Best of all, since they're designed to hold big, heavy rocks, the boxes are quite sturdy. Some are cast plastic, some heavy duty cardboard. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/21 16:44 by march_hare.

Date: 01/09/21 17:18
Author: bnsf70mac

Look at Grand Central. They have all sorts of boxes. I have a few myself for storing Locos.

Mike

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/21 17:27 by bnsf70mac.

Date: 01/09/21 17:38

Thanks all
None of these are quite what I need. The length is about the same as the AV boxes but I need a little wider maybe 5 rows and deeper maybe 24 inches that multiple lift out sections can go in

Thanks
Gary

Posted from iPhone

Date: 01/10/21 09:00
Author: BAB

bnsf70mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look at Grand Central. They have all sorts of
> boxes. I have a few myself for storing Locos.
>
> Mike

Wow wish that they had kept them in stock a few years back tried after I got an order direct from him at O Scale West. About a year after that he no longer stocked them. They are the best for that size, HO, on the market I store my locos in mine and also some passenger cars. I got some I think from A Line, not as good the GC ones.

Date: 01/10/21 14:40
Author: ATSF160

bnsf70mac Wrote:
> Look at Grand Central. They have all sorts of
> boxes. I have a few myself for storing Locos.
>
> Mike

can you give us a link?

Date: 01/10/21 16:23
Author: funnelfan

I have a couple of those Train Boxes Plus boxes, and I also have several of the A-Line boxes and a couple of the tote bags. I prefer the A-line to the other. Those core sample boxes look interesting, and I have found a local supplier for them. I already sent a e-mail asking for prices on boxes setup for 1-5/8" cores.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 01/12/21 07:43
Author: Arved

ATSF160 Wrote:
> bnsf70mac Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Look at Grand Central. They have all sorts of
> > boxes. I have a few myself for storing Locos.
> >
> > Mike
>
> can you give us a link?

Try here. Seems to be OOS everywhere else I looked:

https://www.grandcentralgems.com/engine-boxes/

When I went to checkout, it wouldn't let me proceed. "Sorry, it seems that there are no available payment methods for your state. Please contact us if you require assistance or wish to make alternate arrangements." Maybe they only sell to Californians? I'll try calling them later.

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/21 07:48 by Arved.

Date: 01/12/21 10:03
Author: dwb909

Trian Boxes Plus is in business under new ownership. David Gold is his name and number is 512-878-3619. Hope this helps

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0442 seconds