Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Model Railroading > Scale Trains New HO CSX Pride engines

Date: 01/13/21 03:58
Scale Trains New HO CSX Pride engines
Author: brfriedm

GM,

2 of my 3 CSX Pride engines showed up yesterday. The 911 and the 1776. The 3194 is due in March as I did not buy the one off unit with red and blue ditch lights.  I have seen these engines in real life several times. Once while in revenue service and twice when they passed through my home town on the way to be displayed. One of those times was by accident when the units were shipped north from Jacksonville to be shown at the B&O museum in Baltimore but the train carrying them did not set them off in Baltimore and they came up to Wilmington Delaware. I had a tip they were in route so I went down to see them. It was about 4am and was still dark and I yelled up to the engineer I know well and told him how cool it was to have those engines. He looked at me and said what engines?  These were dead in tow and not online and when he boarded the train to take it East, he did not notice them in the dark as they were in a hurry to get out of town.  When the sun rose finally, I was amazed at the beauty of these engines. I will include shots below of that day.  

I was quite surprised that Scale Trains announced the AC/DC GEVO's. Intermountain, MTH and Walthers had already had models on the street for some time. But I welcomed the announcement and could see the logic in them doing them as the GEVO's are basically the F units of the modern era and there are so many roads and paint schemes they could do. I have grown quite fond of their models but had a bad experience with their first T4 run with quality issues where I had to return them due to many glue marks and poor lighting. I am happy to see that over the years, the quality has improved immensely and so has the lighting. These 2 units are perfect and the lighting is outstanding. The biggest feature I like is the pulling power. I run big heavy trains regularly and have switched over to DPU per CSX doing the same and the Scale Trains engines pull like no other on the street. I am amazed at how they dig in and pull. Here are a few shots. Enjoy.  Bruce

PS - Yes I am very aware these units are in storage FYI. They will return I am sure and they have been out on display as recently as a few months ago.

Date: 01/13/21 04:00
Re: Scale Trains New HO CSX Pride engines

Some display shots

Date: 01/13/21 04:02

More shots

Date: 01/13/21 04:05

I like how they blackened the grills.  I hope they do that on all their models.

Date: 01/13/21 04:07

Last shots.

Date: 01/13/21 04:14

This was the first time I saw them based on my story above. Pictures 2 and 3 are the next day as they headed back West for a date at the B&O Museum in Baltimore.

Date: 01/13/21 04:17

That's me in front of the engines that day. Pictures taken by the engineer of the train and then I took shots of him and then the conductor. Then the car dept showed up and there was a line LOL.

Bruce

also a picture of 3194 I took another day.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/21 04:21 by brfriedm.

Date: 01/13/21 04:26
Author: Arved

brfriedm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PS - Yes I am very aware these units are in
> storage FYI. They will return I am sure and they
> have been out on display as recently as a few
> months ago.

Well, it is your railroad! As I model SP steam and early diesel from the early 1950s, at least your locos are stored servicable, and weren't cut up to make Datsun cars and Honda motorcycles. That is, unless you refuse to have anything period on your pike, don't sweat it. As you said, they'll be back. It's a shame they were prioritized for storage when they should be out there doing as intended - honoring our first responders and veterans.

Those look real nice. They look like they'll give you years of enjoyment.

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

Date: 01/13/21 06:52
Author: electromac

Bruce, photos do NO justice for these loco's......
Looking forward to video's of these beauty's....
Thanks for posting.....

Date: 01/13/21 08:35
Author: BNSF20

Great photos, I like the props with the tank and fire truck! These are great looking models and I hope that someday ScaleTraines will do these in N scale.
Ralph

Date: 01/13/21 15:52
Author: Matt_Gidley

Certianly eye catching!  I like the Vets one!

Date: 01/14/21 07:52

Scale Trains also posted a shot of the CSX GEVO's they will be doing in YN3. They look good. 

Due in March.

Bruce

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0649 seconds