Home Open Account Help 328 users online

Model Railroading > Roadrailers

Date: 02/28/21 17:17
Roadrailers
Author: spken

Hi folks.
I have a rake of the original A-Line Roadrailers in HO. 
I have spent years trying to prevent them derailing.
It appears that the road trucks foul most turnouts so have been working at raising the rear of the units however this is most dificult.
It is easier to accumplish when you do this when assembling the kits the first time but I only found out that for the last 6 kits
Still look good, not all my Roadrailers are in Swift colors.
Cheers
SPKen inQueensland, Australia.

Date: 02/28/21 17:46
Re: Roadrailers
Author: icancmp193

You should contact TO member Funnelfan (Ted Curphey). He just had a video on February 26th "Swifities" where he ran a large train of them (20+ RoadRailers) on his club layout. Perhaps he can provide some "tips".

TJY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/21 17:47 by icancmp193.

Date: 02/28/21 20:22
Author: sp8234

Not sure A-Line ever did Roadrailers, Do you mean Bowser?
I noticed you are in Queensland Australia, Bills Train in South Australia did the Australian National Trailrailers (AN called Roadrailers Trailerailers) but I think he used the Roco ones with 3 highway wheels.
Are they 45 feet long or 53?
If you are talking about the Highway wheels hitting the track & they are Bowser there are 2 holes for the axle to go through. When used in a train the axles can only be in the holes closest to the floor.  
I run 30 Bowser with weight only in the first 5 & no weight in the rest. I also have the trucks as tight as can be without derailing & use Intermountain wheels. I don't have any problem with them as long as no one throw a switch under them at a club.
We need some more info.

Tim
Hanesworth

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/21 21:56 by sp8234.

Date: 02/28/21 20:54
Author: funnelfan

Sounds like the Durango Press roadrailers sold by A-line at one time. I only have experaince with the Bowser Roadrailers.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/21 20:55 by funnelfan.

Date: 03/02/21 09:22
Author: TomG

Is A-Line even around anymore?

Date: 03/02/21 10:18
Author: Arved

TomG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is A-Line even around anymore?

Yes.

Arved Grass
Fleming Island, FL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0389 seconds