Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Model Railroading > Kudos to Rapido Trains

Date: 03/03/21 08:46
Kudos to Rapido Trains
Author: Nscaler

I have two N-scale GMD-1 models from Rapido's 2014 release (#1600 sound, #1601 silent) and through my own carelessness #1600 took a flying leap onto an unforgiving hardwood floor.  Both exhaust stacks and three of four ditch 'lights' along with a broke horn and one coupler disappeared into the bane of every model railroader:  that "where the he** did it go?!" black hole.  After e-mailing them about replacing damaged/missing parts, Dave at Rapido sent along three scrap frames (which included some handrails, couplers, a motor, one truck and other attached bits), a bunch of exhaust stacks and spark arrestors, couple of horns, and four wired LED's (#1601 has a non-working headlight on the short hood).  Took a week to get them, NO CHARGE for the parts or delivery!  Excellent customer service!!

Thanks very much Dave!!

Jason, give him a raise!

Date: 03/03/21 10:00
Re: Kudos to Rapido Trains
Author: BNSF20

That's great. Thanks for sharing this because it's service like this that helps "seal the deal" when considering a purchase. Looks like soon your locomotive will be back in service Plus the peace of mind having all the exta parts on hand when making a repair, "just in case". Whats really nice was the no charge, I have had that kind of service from FVM.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0436 seconds