Home Open Account Help 377 users online

Model Railroading > Another Fine Fix I Got Myself Into!

Date: 03/05/21 12:28
Another Fine Fix I Got Myself Into!
Author: RRBMail

Okay, I caused this HO problem myself by dealing with a company that operates over a certain e-auction site. The whole month-long experience has bought nothing but frustration over the what I thought would be a simple transaction. I bought an out of production Athearn Genesis TankTrain "intermediate car" to start building a TankTrain that had been reported aa a reoccurring visitor to a Grand Jct., CO, fuel dealer on the good ol' Denver & Rio Grande. The model came without an instruction sheet/blow-up diagram that I need to check the car out for the included loose pieces and any pieces that may have been missing all-together. Do any of my dear TO "buddies" out there have such sheet they can post on here or send to me by PM? I would be most tankful! BTW, in 20 years this has been only the 2nd time I have been driven "nutz" by an "e-auction" transaction. (FYI, the very worse transaction was when I was sued in superior court for unintentionally over-charging $3 on a shipment. I was sued for $3 actual damages and $10,000 pain & suffering [by a "jail-house" brief]. Rather than appear in court on my behalf, my homeowner's insurance settled for $1000!) That said, all other 7000 +/- e-transactions over 20 years went well--most folks are honest--right? ) Still one never knows when dealing with on-line auction. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/21 17:46 by RRBaron.

Date: 03/06/21 02:21
Re: Another Fine Fix I Got Myself Into!
Author: koloradokid

That sounds like someone we should know the name of!  Did E-slay have anything to say, or were they totally non-commital?  No wonder I am hesitant to start listing items again!

Robert

Date: 03/06/21 08:13

Listing isn't the problem, it's the sellers you have to watch out for!  No complaints yet to E-whatever because the matter is still evolving! I can't say the name, I have already been taken to court by one e*ayer. But I can say that it's one of the BIG players.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/21 14:03 by RRBaron.

Date: 03/06/21 11:07
Author: cabman

What a verbose way of asking for help with an instruction sheet!!  ???look it up.

Date: 03/06/21 11:39
Author: brfriedm

Not aware of a Tank Train going to the D&RGW. Can u share this info?  Thanks Bruce

Date: 03/06/21 14:01

brfriedm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Not aware of a Tank Train going to the D&RGW. Can
> u share this info?  Thanks Bruce

A TO who lived in Grand Jct. wrote me that a TankTrain regularly called at a local fuel dealer...or something like that. I never found a photo though. Maybe he's reading this now? 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/21 13:00 by RRBaron.

Date: 03/06/21 14:07

cabman Wrote:
> What a verbose way of asking for help with an
> instruction sheet!!  ???look it up.

Verbose? Remind me not to invite you in to any of our jazz jam sessions--we use too many notes! If I knew how to "look it up" and where, I would have done so. If you know where and how make, please make yourself more useful by telling same. Thanks in advance!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/21 12:59 by RRBaron.

Date: 03/07/21 06:21
Author: SPDRGWfan

RRBaron Wrote:
> brfriedm Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Not aware of a Tank Train going to the D&RGW.
> Can
> > u share this info?  Thanks Bruce
>
> A TO who lived in Grand Jct. wrote me that a
> "short" TankTrain regularly called at a local fuel
> dealer...or something like that. I never found a
> photo though. Maybe he's reading this now? 

What time period and which version of tank train?  Back when they were runs being done by Athearn, I didn't think they ever made it to Grand Junction, which I am qasi modeling, so I never bought any.

Date: 03/07/21 12:48

Ditto me, I didn't buy any Genesis TankTrains until a TO stated that a TankTrain did indeed call at Grand Jct. CO, repeatedly during his years there. Alas, I don't know what time period nor what type of TankTrain he saw. I model anything that one might have seen on the DRGW from 1900 up to and a bit into UP. I love it all! As for the model, whatever model Amtrak Genesis made. Exactitude is not one of my aims...going back to a happier time in my 'ead is! So, in spite of promises, no one has yet posted a parts diagram for the Genesis "Intermediate" car that I need. If you have one to share over the net and/or know how to find one, pretty please let me know. At my age waiting around time is not a luxury of which I have an abundance--eh? PS; On that note, I understand that POTUS is working out a deal with the SkyMother whereas every TO will be credited with the time-lost doing zip during the lockdown, when they get to their "terminal." Good thing he's more pius than that "former fellow" was! :)))   

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/21 13:12 by RRBaron.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0508 seconds