Home Open Account Help 270 users online

Model Railroading > Bachmann NYC Niagara Disassembly

Date: 06/05/21 21:05
Bachmann NYC Niagara Disassembly
Author: sierrawestern

I recently picked up at a garage sale Bachmann's HO scale NYC Niagara #6008.  I remember some years back there was an article in Model Railroader about upgrading the Niagara with added details and repainting and decaling the engine and tender as the Niagaras never were painted in the Lightning Stripe scheme Bachmann used on the tender.  Somewhere I believe I saved that article.
My question at the moment is I cannot for the life of me figure out how to take the tender apart.  There is one flat-head Phillips head screw at the top front of the coal pile on the tender but removing that doesn't seem to allow anything to come apart.  The entire tender body, pedestal truck frames, coal pile, etc. all looks to be one piece, but what then is the purpose of the one screw I removed.  There's got to be a way to get the tender apart (I would think?) but right now I'm at a loss.  Any help would be appreciated.  My ultimate goal is to not necessarily run it but rather just to upgrade it to more closely represent a Niagara and then put it in my display case.
Thank you,    

Date: 06/07/21 17:18
Re: Bachmann NYC Niagara Disassembly
Author: lynnpowell

This should help you:    https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/38313.        
You aren't the only one befuddled by the design of this Bachmann tender.   
Apparently it is basically a moulded "tube" with removable ends.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0301 seconds