Home Open Account Help 281 users online

Model Railroading > ATSF Fuel Tender

Date: 06/09/21 18:24
ATSF Fuel Tender
Author: jayb61

i have an excellent friend who is letting me post this idea. Yes i know ATSF had no fuel tenderrs but BN did and i would ask a modeler for an estimate on this 
idean and thank you. I would purchase an Athearn 73753 BN fuel tender, have it shipped to your residence and have you repaint it to my idea any yes the idea
might not be plausable but? the top area painted black would be repainted to ATSF Yellow and the area painted green would be repainted to ATSF Blue the 
under carriage will remain black. all decals will be painted over and i will be concerned with decals at a later date. my name is Dean and i and at 
santafe1718@yahoo.com. all ideas are welcome. thanks you Marty for letting me post. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/21 18:16 by jayb61.

Date: 06/09/21 18:38
Re: ATSF Fuel Tender
Author: TomG

I realize this is a fantasy paint job your wanting, but if you want a more accurate what if, you should reverse the colors to blue bottom with yellow top. This matched some MOW equipment like the rotary's. Such as this SF inspired paint scheme by Rapido for their Steam Gen cars. But, just a suggestion

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/21 18:52 by TomG.

Date: 06/09/21 19:36
Author: BoilingMan

ATSF did have this guy- I assume it was a radio repeater car for early DPU service, but it illustrates their thinking on schemes for such support cars.
SR

Date: 06/10/21 18:14
Author: jayb61

TomG i agree thx sir

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0464 seconds