Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Model Railroading > Kato Amfleet 1 Phase 3?

Date: 06/11/21 23:57
Kato Amfleet 1 Phase 3?
Author: Amtrak784

I've probably posted about this before, but why has Kato produced Amfleet 1 cars in every Amtrak Paint Scheme EXCEPT Phase 3?

Date: 06/12/21 08:12
Re: Kato Amfleet 1 Phase 3?
Author: RRBMail

Apparently because KATO's marketing department doesn't talk to its technical department. That's what I was told by Walthers when I asked why Walthers issued the "Denver Connection" passenger car set three years after they issued the engines that pulled it--Santa Fe's E8Ams. Or, to put it in geopolitical terms, why did Japan, the 61st largest country in the world, declare war on the USA, the 3rd largest country...the "marketing people" didn't talk to the "technical" people--eh? 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/21 14:59 by RRBaron.

Date: 06/13/21 18:34
Author: funnelfan

They haven't made their budd baggage car in phase 3 either, which frustrates the heck out of me. That would go great with their superliner cars.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 06/14/21 04:41
Author: SPDRGWfan

funnelfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They haven't made their budd baggage car in phase
> 3 either, which frustrates the heck out of me.
> That would go great with their superliner cars.

Interestingly, Kato did a 2 car set including a Budd baggage and ex-ATSF bi-level coach dorm in N scale (both phase III) yet in HO getting those two cars to complete and 80's Amtrak CZ is very difficult.  The baggage in phase III is very hard to find and when they show up on Ebay, they get bid up to insane prices and the ex-ATSF coach-dorm AFAIK has never been offered in phase III paint.

Cheers,
Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0819 seconds