Home Open Account Help 278 users online

Model Railroading > B&M handrail stanchions

Date: 07/10/21 02:01
B&M handrail stanchions
Author: schroed2

for one of my side interests, I have acquired some B&M switchers (custom-painted in all blue) originally manufactured by P2K resp.Walthers.

now. the B&M installed at some point some handrails on top of the walkways that have a home made look to me...

www.rr-fallenflags.org/bm/bm0804d10.jpg

now, does anybody here have an idea how to model theses handrail stanchions ?

KV models and Atlas have the Alco style, Precision scale and others have the original EMD

Bernd
Adelsdorf, Germany

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/21 07:06 by schroed2.

Date: 07/10/21 06:41
Re: B&M handrail stanchions
Author: boejoe

Interesting.  Be careful not to confuse shadows with the handrails themselves.

Date: 07/10/21 12:46
Author: TomG

Agreed, those are original EMD handrails. The shadow makes it look more than it is.

Date: 07/10/21 13:00
Author: schroed2

TomG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Agreed, those are original EMD handrails. The
> shadow makes it look more than it is.

I asked the question also somewhere else and somebody pointed me to the handrail sets for the Katon NW2 which seems to be a suitable approach

Bernd

Date: 07/11/21 10:59
Author: TomG

If memory serves, the SW9\1200s had a solid bar the length of the hood, the NW2 Had a series of bar sections. Detail Associates has the 3 lift ring mounts and just bend your own hand rail. The DA part has the wire size in its instructions.
The Kato hand rails are the multi piece set.

Are you referring to the rail along to hood or the full length rail on the side Sil?

If you are talking about the full length sil hand rails, I dont think anyone makes the pedistal mount. You can get multiple sets of Kato handrails and drill your own holes Iin the stansions and use .015 wire and bend your own handrails. If you don't mind them not being exact KV models makes beautiful side sil mounted stansions.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/21 11:43 by TomG.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0572 seconds