Home Open Account Help 374 users online

Model Railroading > New Trainworld website

Date: 07/17/21 16:45
New Trainworld website
Author: ATSFSuperCap

I have signed up to the new Trainworld website.    I am a long time TW customer.    Since the launch of the new site I have NOT recieved any emails for sales, promotions etc, and I am signed up for the newsletter.    Has anyone out in TO land recieved any emails for sales?

Also as an aside the new site does not navigate easily.    It does not search very well either.   The old site was far more intuitive.

Date: 07/18/21 00:51
Re: New Trainworld website
Author: Amtrak784

My sentiments exactly, I'm sure the Trainworld people are still familiarizing themselves with their new website. In my opinion, nothing was wrong with the previous site & didn't need improvement.

Date: 07/18/21 15:42
Author: kbmiflyer

I do not think I have received a promotional email since around Memorial Day.

Date: 07/19/21 05:07
Author: acltrainman

I absolutly hate the new TW website. I loved the old site and could look up items very easily. Just my 2 cents input, Go back to the old site, please.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

Date: 07/19/21 09:21
Author: SPDRGWfan

That often seems to be the case.  The new website is harder to search and use.  Walthers as well.

Date: 07/19/21 09:39
Author: trainworld

Hi Everyone, 

We have taken a back seat on emails the past couple of weeks as we have been focusing on making some changes and tweaks to our new website. We should be starting to get some more emails out shortly though so hang tight.  As with anything new, there are some things that need to be worked on.  The search bar was just replaced and improved 2 days ago so it should be good to go now. We did have an issue with that but it is working as of today.  The filtering is the next project that will be improved for easier navigation to find products.  As we know a lot of people loved the old website and everyone was familiar with how to find a product, however, operationally wise it was outdated and did not have enough features for us to grow. Basic needs like having our inventory tied into our website or having a coupon code deduct the amount that was applied were simply not capable on our old website.  We do apologize for your frustrations but please be aware we are working non-stop to continually improve the website.  We have a huge list of tweaks and modifications that we have passed to our developers and have your concerns in mind. 

Best, 
TrainWorld

Date: 07/20/21 09:46
Author: ATSFSuperCap

Hi Trainworld;   Thank you very much for this detailed reply and explanation.     I have been getting your emails for sales and promotions now.    

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0348 seconds