Home Open Account Help 244 users online

Model Railroading > What is a PRR S Bedroom Buffet Lounge Observation by Walthers

Date: 07/21/21 09:33
What is a PRR S Bedroom Buffet Lounge Observation by Walthers
Author: BuddPullman

Walthers is accepting reservation for new PRR passenger cars.  A couple look like "View" series cars but described as the following:  

"WalthersProtoPart # 920-1576085' Pullman-Standard S Bedroom-Buffet-Lounge-Observation - LED Lighting -- Pennsylvania Railroad View Series w/Standard Tail Sign"
I have never heard of a S Bedroom?  I have heard of S type sleepers, like an L&N 6-4-6.

Any clues?  Thanks!

Date: 07/21/21 09:54
Re: What is a PRR S Bedroom Buffet Lounge Observation by Walthers
Author: retcsxcfm

Accordining to Walthers ad,it states buffet-lounge-observation.Nothing about bedrooms.

Uncle Joe

Date: 07/21/21 10:03

Thanks Joe.  If you look closely, they are doing two types of PRR Observations.  The Cafe Lounge Obs (i.e. PRR 1132) plus, the mystery Bedroom Observation.  My copied text above, in quotes, is from the Walthers website which includes the word "Bedroom".  I have reached out to them and I'm waiting for a response.  When I hear back I will advise.

Date: 07/21/21 11:13
Author: wabash2800

I assume these are part of the new three cars to be use in the General train set?

Victor

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/21 11:18 by wabash2800.

Date: 07/21/21 12:34

There are some a few other cars not part of the General announcement but open for reservations.  A stainless steel PRR 10-6 "County" series sleeper, a PC 10-6 and an N&W 10-6, etc.

Date: 07/21/21 12:48
Author: Jimbo

Perhaps the "S" should be a "5".  As in 5 double bedrooms.

Date: 07/21/21 12:50
Author: BrynMawr

PRR 1132 is one of 5 cars delivered by ACF in 1948  described as blunt end 53 seat lounge.

The 'mystery' car might well be the non B'way blunt end sleeper obs lounges built for other trains.
Plan 4134, Lot 6792 P-S similar to the View cars, but no Master Rooms. 
Have to smile about The General.  Th one I rode in 1965 had 'corridor' coaches w/ advertising posters on the bulkheads.  Not exactly luxurious for sleeping from Chicago to North Philadelphia.

Date: 07/21/21 14:04
Author: kenN

Another possibility: S could be "Standard Bedrooms" to differentiate from the Master BR that some cars had. KJN

Date: 07/22/21 05:57
Author: wictl

This is just a rerun of the Mountain View and Tower View P-S built observation cars and are not part of the General.  The General will have the POC85ar Buffet-Lounge Observation is the car that is PRR built and does not have any sleeper accommodations.

Darin Umlauft

Date: 07/22/21 09:03

Thank you Darin and everyone who provided feedback.  I appreciate it.

Date: 07/23/21 12:01
Author: Topfuel

BrynMawr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> PRR 1132 is one of 5 cars delivered by ACF in
> 1948 described as blunt end 53 seat lounge.

If it really is the 1132, those cars were built in-house by PRR at the Altoona Shops, not by ACF.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1991 seconds