Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Model Railroading > Bowser C430s?

Date: 05/06/22 14:50
Bowser C430s?
Author: ns6669sd60

I have been trying to find some of these without any real luck. I am looking for NYC, PC, or PC/CR patch, any road number, without sound. Has anybody seen any of these at your local hobby shops and can point me in that direction?

Thanks

Date: 05/06/22 17:05
Re: Bowser C430s?
Author: wabash2800

If no one can help, do a saved search on ebay under the advanced search option and one will eventually show up. The Alco Century Series locos have always been my favorite diesel locos, particularly the C-430 (with the NYC cigar band!)

Victor B.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/22 17:59 by wabash2800.

Date: 05/06/22 19:50
Author: MC6853

I found a PC/CR patch one in summer of 2020 on eBay... I've noted lately that a lot of stuff on eBay is much much harder to find these days than it used to be... And some things (Atlas Conrail Dash-8s in particular) never ever appear...

Date: 05/08/22 10:08
Author: Txtrainman60

MC6853 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I found a PC/CR patch one in summer of 2020 on
> eBay... I've noted lately that a lot of stuff on
> eBay is much much harder to find these days than
> it used to be... And some things (Atlas Conrail
> Dash-8s in particular) never ever appear...

I've noticed the same thing and it's because E-bay pissed Alot of potential sellers off with added fees and other BS! It's a shame too because not all that long ago, one could find some pretty good deals on just about anything you wanted!

Date: 05/08/22 17:16
Author: RayH

Maybe try looking on HOSwap on IO. People looking for certain models post on "Wish List Wednesday". Good luck. The 430's are really nice (I have 3 of them in NYSW paint).

Date: 05/09/22 08:58
Author: NYSWSD70M

RayH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe try looking on HOSwap on IO. People looking
> for certain models post on "Wish List Wednesday".
> Good luck. The 430's are really nice (I have 3 of
> them in NYSW paint).

I agree - very nice units. I have a NYC, an early NYSW, an Alco Demonstrator and a SCL. I wish I would have bought the other two Demonstrators when I could have. They (the Demonstrator) made it to some interesting places on the NYC including the West Side Freight line on Manhattan Island.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0351 seconds