Home Open Account Help 304 users online

Model Railroading > Is Intermountain Dying a Slow Death?

Date: 05/08/22 14:49
Is Intermountain Dying a Slow Death?
Author: CaliforniaSteamin

It seems Intermountain is producing a few runs of rolling stock per year at best.  It's been quite awhile since a locomotive release has happened.  It seems they are just tinkering.  Does anyone know if they are on the way to the exits or just in a slump?

Date: 05/08/22 17:15
Re: Is Intermountain Dying a Slow Death?
Author: SPDRGWfan

With the lockdowns in China and supply chain problems, I"m doubting we will see IMRC hit the turbo boost.

Date: 05/08/22 19:48
Author: tiltone

CaliforniaSteamin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems Intermountain is producing a few runs of
> rolling stock per year at best.  It's been quite
> awhile since a locomotive release has happened. 
> It seems they are just tinkering.  Does anyone
> know if they are on the way to the exits or just
> in a slump?
Recently had a problem with a new locomotive purchase  new spare part promptly shiped to me appreciated their service very much  Cheers Dennis

Date: 05/08/22 19:58
Author: mcdeo

IM people may chime in, but it seems to just be a slump. I talked to someone just this weekend and finding a quality locomotive builder overseas has a lot of challenges recently. Rolling stock is easier overall, hence why they have several items of late in both HO and N scale rolling stock, with more coming. 

The latest HO scale auto racks for instance, are simple amazing! I know they are different cars than the latest ST/Atlas ones, but I like the IM ones better. 

And they have been able to get some HO scale ET44AC's to market recently. Always pushes companies when more than one of the same locomotive is available on the shelves. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 05/08/22 21:42
Author: arwye

Still waiting for and hope to see their SD38-2's...

mcdeo Wrote:
> And they have been able to get some HO scale
> ET44AC's to market recently. Always pushes
> companies when more than one of the same
> locomotive is available on the shelves. 

Date: 05/08/22 23:06
Author: Fizzboy7

Haven't had any issues with Intermountain.       The last few releases have been solid, with the SP woodchip cars hard to keep on the shelf.    Haven't seen any locos come around in a while, but there have been factory issues for a few years with them and other manufacturers.    IM is doing fine... just rolling with the punches of today's challenges.

Jason Eminian
Smith Brothers Hobby Center
Northridge, CA.

Date: 05/09/22 09:06
Author: inyosub

I am really really waiting for the hatched roof Milwaukee road box cars. To Obsession! 
I have some other cars on order like the DGHX cars; and I look forward to the 2927 cov. hoppers if they ever get made.
It appears that stuff getting painted gets done; but actual products that are new constructs 
are not, or are at least delayed the most.

Date: 05/09/22 14:40
Author: hartrick24

I think YES they are. As a example I see the Dash 9's are still taking orders. After Athean and Scale Trains Dash9 rollout who's still wants IM... Not me.

Steve H

Date: 05/09/22 15:14
Author: SPDRGWfan

IMRC seems to be shipping models monthly - for what that's worth.

Date: 05/10/22 06:36
Author: CaliforniaSteamin

I'm not seeing products monthly, perhaps quarterly or twice per year.  

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
> IMRC seems to be shipping models monthly - for
> what that's worth.

Date: 05/10/22 07:36
Author: Intermountain

I sent you a PM.  Hope it answers your question.
We are alive and quite well, as others have mentioned, the recent realities of production, transportation, and Covid-related shortages have impacted every sector of the economy and model trains are no exception.  Another couple of items have arrived and will be announced this month, we are currently inspecting them.  We also have four more projects on the water, and several in process.  
Sorry I didn't respond earlier, have been railfanning the KCS since last Thursday, got home late last night.  Had a great time despite some flooding with resulting road closures, a washout on the KCS main south of Stilwell, and crew shortages.  Going to miss the KCS...
Kirk

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0484 seconds