Home Open Account Help 253 users online

Model Railroading > HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 06/16/22 08:16
HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: original

In 2021 Howard Holland of HOWIE’s BRASS TRAINS commissioned us, The Coach Yard to build the inaugural 1938 PRR Lightweight “Fleet of Modernism” Broadway Limited train sets, both eastbound and westbound. 
With Howards guidance,  The Coach Yard reproduced the exact consist for both trains with correct interiors. There are only 20 sets, 10 east and 10 west being built. They will be packaged per HOWIE’s BRASS TRAINS specifications, in a Teak wood box with limited edition numbering. 
Howard Holland was in a serious automobile accident in 2021.  He was determined to complete the special train set and did his best to lead the project to completion. 
Unfortunately, his injuries were too great, and Howard passed in May of 2022. 
His wife Maritza wants to see his dream completed. 
The PRR 1937 Broadway Limited 10 car train will be completed in July 2022. 
Please contact Maritza Holland at HOWIE’s BRASS TRAINS to obtain a very limited production, exclusive to her company. 
Contact info:
Phone 814-650-1761
Email howiestrains@gmail.com 
  
If you email – please use “Limited Edition Request” in the subject line 
The Coach Yard will be assisted Mrs. Holland in the logistical end of packaging and shipping the sets to the purchasers of these very limited train sets.
 
 
 



Date: 06/18/22 09:15
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: RRBMail

Todd, I don't mind paying my yearly subscription, it's good value for money. However, I do mind sales-pitches on TO. "Fredski" can afford to pay the freight, TOs don't need to subsidize his smoke dreams.  



Date: 06/18/22 13:20
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: Typhoon

RRBMail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Todd, I don't mind paying my yearly subscription,
> it's good value for money. However, I do mind
> sales-pitches on TO. "Fredski" can afford to pay
> the freight, TOs don't need to subsidize his smoke
> dreams.  

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz



Date: 06/18/22 20:41
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: Streamliner

I have no problem with Coach Yard or any other manufacturer/importer hawking their wares here.  But, I think it should be even handed.  I once put an announcement here about an estate sale of trains.  It was immediately removed and I was admonished for not posting in the Classified Ads" section, which, of course, virtually NOBODY reads.  I love hearing about new items for sale, old items for sale, auctions, etc.  Why not allow all sorts of for sale/wanted postings in the Model Railroading section?  If one doesn't want to read them, just skip to the next post.  I don't know why a HOBBY forum has to be so downright stuffy, I just don't!

Allen Drucker



Date: 06/18/22 21:12
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: PHall

Streamliner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no problem with Coach Yard or any other
> manufacturer/importer hawking their wares here.
>  But, I think it should be even handed.  I once
> put an announcement here about an estate sale of
> trains.  It was immediately removed and I was
> admonished for not posting in the Classified Ads"
> section, which, of course, virtually NOBODY reads.
>  I love hearing about new items for sale, old
> items for sale, auctions, etc.  Why not allow all
> sorts of for sale/wanted postings in the Model
> Railroading section?  If one doesn't want to read
> them, just skip to the next post.  I don't know
> why a HOBBY forum has to be so downright stuffy, I
> just don't!
>
> Allen Drucker


It's Todd's board and he makes the rules. Maybe you should communicate directly with Todd on this since he's the only person who can make those decisions.



Date: 06/19/22 07:02
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: RRBMail

Typhoon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RRBMail Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Todd, I don't mind paying my yearly
> subscription,
> > it's good value for money. However, I do mind
> > sales-pitches on TO. "Fredski" can afford to
> pay
> > the freight, TOs don't need to subsidize his
> smoke
> > dreams.  
>
> ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$



Date: 06/19/22 07:17
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: RRBMail

Streamliner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have no problem with Coach Yard or any other
> manufacturer/importer hawking their wares here.
>  But, I think it should be even handed.  I once
> put an announcement here about an estate sale of
> trains.  It was immediately removed and I was
> admonished for not posting in the Classified Ads"

This is probably the first time I ever agreed with "Allied Drucker."..indeed, the point of my original complaint is that not everyone can get away with "For Sale" postings but "Jack Daniel$" can. I have model railroad items on eBay that I'd love to also post in TO's Model Railroad section for FREE, so can I post them Todd? I think such postings will ruin the spirit and quality of TO but, "what's good for the goose is good for the gander." 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/22 18:22 by RRBMail.



Date: 06/19/22 07:22
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: Streamliner

PHall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Streamliner Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have no problem with Coach Yard or any other
> > manufacturer/importer hawking their wares here.
> >  But, I think it should be even handed.  I
> once
> > put an announcement here about an estate sale
> of
> > trains.  It was immediately removed and I was
> > admonished for not posting in the Classified
> Ads"
> > section, which, of course, virtually NOBODY
> reads.
> >  I love hearing about new items for sale, old
> > items for sale, auctions, etc.  Why not allow
> all
> > sorts of for sale/wanted postings in the Model
> > Railroading section?  If one doesn't want to
> read
> > them, just skip to the next post.  I don't
> know
> > why a HOBBY forum has to be so downright stuffy,
> I
> > just don't!
> >
> > Allen Drucker
>
>
> It's Todd's board and he makes the rules. Maybe
> you should communicate directly with Todd on this
> since he's the only person who can make those
> decisions.

Because a discussion is taking place here, in this thread.  



Date: 06/19/22 07:53
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: Typhoon

RRBMail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Streamliner Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I have no problem with Coach Yard or any other
> > manufacturer/importer hawking their wares here.
> >  But, I think it should be even handed.  I
> once
> > put an announcement here about an estate sale
> of
> > trains.  It was immediately removed and I was
> > admonished for not posting in the Classified
> Ads"
>
> This is probably the first time I ever agreed with
> Allied Drucker...indeed, the point of my original
> complaint is that not everyone can get away with
> "For Sale" postings but "Jack Daniel$" can. I have
> model railroad items on eBay that I'd love to also
> post in TO's Model Railroad section for FREE, so
> can I post them Todd? I think such postings will
> ruin the spirit and quality of TO but, "what's
> good for the goose is good for the gander." 

Posting random junk on eBay if fat different than a manufacturer doing a product announcement.  If you don't like the product announcements don't click on them. 



Date: 06/19/22 08:33
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: RRBMail

>
> Posting random junk on eBay if fat different than
> a manufacturer doing a product announcement.  If
> you don't like the product announcements don't
> click on them. 

Who's to know if it's "eBay Junk" or "Jack Daniels' " $10,000 a pop junk until one clicks the posting? Why not have a Model Railroad commercial swap meet classification? Then, if "Jack" decides to post his "junk", Todd could take a percentage to help keep our subscriptions in line. I mean where else in the hobby can "Fredski", "Jack Daniels", "Jason" and that millionaire lot get buyer-focused ad space for essentially free? 



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/22 18:25 by RRBMail.



Date: 06/19/22 09:55
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: Streamliner

RRBMail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> >
> > Posting random junk on eBay if fat different
> than
> > a manufacturer doing a product announcement.
>  If
> > you don't like the product announcements don't
> > click on them. 
>
> Who's to know if it's "eBay Junk" or "Jack
> Daniels" $10,000 a pop "product announcement" junk
> until one clicks on the posting? Why not have a
> Model Railroad commercial swap meet
> classification? Then, if "Jack" decides to post
> his "junk", Todd could take a percentage to help
> keep our subscriptions in line. I mean where else
> in the hobby can "Fredski", "Jack Daniels" and
> that millionaire lot get buyer focused ad space
> for essentially free? 

I know who "FREDSKI" is, as he has it on his license plate.  Who is "Jack Daniels?"  Just curious.



Date: 06/19/22 11:56
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: TomG

I kinda agree there is a big difference between product announcement and flea market.

Tom
Weaverville, CA



Date: 06/19/22 12:22
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: SPDRGWfan

It does seem there should be fair set of rules here for what is allowed to be advertised.



Date: 06/19/22 16:00
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: RRBMail

Can't say who "Fredski" really is, I don't recall seeing his car in Broadway Limited country. As for "Jack", I imagine he's a dealer in Tennessee. 

> I know who "FREDSKI" is, as he has it on his
> license plate.  Who is "Jack Daniels?"  Just
> curious.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/22 18:26 by RRBMail.



Date: 06/19/22 16:02
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: RRBMail

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It does seem there should be fair set of rules
> here for what is allowed to be advertised.

Exactly my point!



Date: 06/19/22 16:30
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: TomG

So your saying Rapido, Scale Trains and Athearn shouldn't be allowed to announce new products here? Or are you saying if they can make announcements you shoulld be able to pedal flea market stuff as well?

I do recognize its is not only an announcement, but a where to buy it. Kinda playing around in the gray area.

Tom
Weaverville, CA



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/22 16:46 by TomG.



Date: 06/19/22 18:33
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: RRBMail

TomG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So your saying Rapido, Scale Trains and Athearn
> shouldn't be allowed to announce new products
> here? Or are you saying if they can make
> announcements you should be able to pedal flea
> market stuff as well?

I'm saying, if the Big Boys in the hobby want to flog their kind of "junk" they should have their own category. (If Todd wants to charge them, he can, after all they are all about $$$$$$$$$$$.) I just think we should not subsidize them with our subscription fees. Nor should we have our online conversations interrupted so they can hawk their wares. Irv Athearn was different, He told me that he sometimes didn't make money on a product, but since he was already a millionaire (back when a million was a lot of money) he kept things going for the sake of the hobby and his employees. I don't think the NEW Athearn does that, nor the rest of the major peddlers in the business. I just don't want to pay for model trains from both ends. 



Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/22 23:11 by RRBMail.



Date: 06/19/22 18:48
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: Streamliner

RRBMail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TomG Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > So your saying Rapido, Scale Trains and Athearn
> > shouldn't be allowed to announce new products
> > here? Or are you saying if they can make
> > announcements you should be able to pedal flea
> > market stuff as well?
>
> I'm saying if the Big Boys in the hobby want to
> flog their kind of "junk" they should have their
> own category. (If Todd wants to charge them, he
> can, after all they are all about $$$$$$$$$$$. I
> just think we should not subsidize them with our
> subscription fees. Nor should we interrupt our
> online conversations so they can hawk their
> stuff.  

Reminds me of the old question/answer:  How do you end up with a million in the model railroad business?  Start with TWO million!

What is this disdain for folks who have been successful?  Is it somehow BAD that they have made a good living off the hobby they love?  If it wasn't for the entrepreneurs that rolled the dice every day for decades, putting their well-being and that of their families on the line, there would be no model railroad supplies, no folks who sell them, no model railroaders, NOTHING!  We should be thankful for those who have nurtured our hobby and promoted it with their hard work.  If some of them did exceedingly well financially, believe me, it wasn't all luck.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/22 20:10 by Streamliner.



Date: 06/19/22 23:17
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: RRBMail

Streamliner Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> RRBMail Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > TomG Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > So your saying Rapido, Scale Trains and
> Athearn
> > > shouldn't be allowed to announce new products
> > > here? Or are you saying if they can make
> > > announcements you should be able to pedal
> flea
> > > market stuff as well?
> >
> > I'm saying if the Big Boys in the hobby want to
> > flog their kind of "junk" they should have
> their
> > own category. (If Todd wants to charge them, he
> > can, after all they are all about $$$$$$$$$$$.
> I
> > just think we should not subsidize them with
> our
> > subscription fees. Nor should we interrupt our
> > online conversations so they can hawk their
> > stuff.  
>
> Reminds me of the old question/answer:  How do
> you end up with a million in the model railroad
> business?  Start with TWO million!

Trust me, I've known the business for 40 years, the Big Guys do make money! I just don't want to pay their half of the freight as well as my own! How gullible can some model railroaders be? 
 



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/22 23:32 by RRBMail.



Date: 06/20/22 07:10
Re: HOWIE's Brass Trains and the 1938 PRR Broadway Limited
Author: Streamliner

RRBMail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Streamliner Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > RRBMail Wrote:
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> > -----
> > > TomG Wrote:
> > >
> >
> --------------------------------------------------
>
> >
> > > -----
> > > > So your saying Rapido, Scale Trains and
> > Athearn
> > > > shouldn't be allowed to announce new
> products
> > > > here? Or are you saying if they can make
> > > > announcements you should be able to pedal
> > flea
> > > > market stuff as well?
> > >
> > > I'm saying if the Big Boys in the hobby want
> to
> > > flog their kind of "junk" they should have
> > their
> > > own category. (If Todd wants to charge them,
> he
> > > can, after all they are all about
> $$$$$$$$$$$.
> > I
> > > just think we should not subsidize them with
> > our
> > > subscription fees. Nor should we interrupt
> our
> > > online conversations so they can hawk their
> > > stuff.  
> >
> > Reminds me of the old question/answer:  How do
> > you end up with a million in the model railroad
> > business?  Start with TWO million!
>
> Trust me, I've known the business for 40 years,
> the Big Guys do make money! I just don't want to
> pay their half of the freight as well as my own!
> How gullible can some model railroaders be? 
>  

Sure, but the vast majority didn't start out BIG.  In most all cases, their success came after years of working long hours and plowing the profits back into the business.  I can remember tough times when I put charges on my own credit cards, through my own store, just so I could make my payroll.  

Anyway, we all pay a membership fee to use this site.  If one of us wants to announce a new MR item or offer something MR related for sale, or post a "Wanted to Buy" ad, I feel we should all be able to, in the MR forum.  



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0907 seconds