Home Open Account Help 252 users online

Model Railroading > Kato Unitrack n scale turnouts and NCE Power Cab

Date: 06/25/22 06:31
Kato Unitrack n scale turnouts and NCE Power Cab
Author: jndepew

I'm in the process of planning my 1st model railroad layout. Never done this before. I'm using Kato n scale Unitrack and NCE Power Cab Starter Set for DCC. I have the information on how to wire the Power Cab to the Switch-Kats to the Kato turnouts, but have not been able to find clear directions on how to program the Power Cab to control the turnouts. I understand (I think) that you program a cv on the Cab to do this, but how is that done? Any help will be appreciated (even better if it's illustrated).

Date: 06/25/22 07:11
Re: Kato Unitrack n scale turnouts and NCE Power Cab
Author: pilotblue

Go to www.katousa.com. Look at the turnouts, they have a blurb about a decoder just for the turnouts, everything you need to know regardless of which system you use.  The decoder is Digitrax #DS51K1. Hope this helps!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/22 07:16 by pilotblue.

Date: 06/26/22 05:45

Thanks for your input. However, I'm using NCE and they don't address that.

John

Date: 06/26/22 06:23
Author: JUTower

You will need to program the Switch Katz with a unique DCC accessory address for each, and then throw the switches from the Power Cab using the Accessory function, by entering the DCC address for that accessory then selecting normal or reverse.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 06/26/22 07:51

Thanks, that helps.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds