Home Open Account Help 234 users online

Model Railroading > Rockin' and Rollin'

Date: 08/05/22 04:45
Rockin' and Rollin'
Author: RGDave

Conrail's UBO-44A, coal loads for the massive Bow, NH power plant, heel around the curve and pass beneath Woodchuck Hill Road on the Onondaga Cutoff.  

Thanks for looking!
~Dave
https://onondagacutoff.blogspot.com/

Date: 08/05/22 05:42
Re: Rockin' and Rollin'
Author: JUTower

GREAT!
1. I like the use of the temporary background for photo purposes.
2. Love the contours of the land here, and the pallet, crossties, etc on the slopes down from the mainline.
-Alex

Date: 08/05/22 06:35
Author: alongthejointline

Very well done Dave. Put a driver in that Safeway truck and at a glance the scene could pass as the 'real thing'.

Date: 08/05/22 07:22
Author: ChrisCampi

I can hear the flange squeal now... lol 

Date: 08/05/22 08:57
Author: CPR_4000

Did Safeway have stores in the northeast?

Date: 08/05/22 09:02
Author: SPDRGWfan

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did Safeway have stores in the northeast?

I wondered that too.  We had them in Davis CA back when I lived there and they are in northern Virginia but I don't recall seeing any in Syracuse when I lived there and IIRC Onondaga Country includes Syracuse.  The main grocery stores I rermember there were Tops, Wegmans and I can't remember the 3rd.

But having driven many times between Syracuse and DC via interstate 81, the Onondaga cutoff is spot-on and has the look of the RR just south of Syracuse in the 1990's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/22 16:39 by SPDRGWfan.

Date: 08/05/22 10:08
Author: jgilmore

Great scene Dave, saw that coal train several times back in the day. Your layout is always a pleasure to look at!

JG

Date: 08/07/22 08:49
Author: rapidotrains

Nice! I enjoyed your article on this bridge in the August RMC!

-Jason

Date: 08/08/22 04:40
Author: RGDave

CPR_4000 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did Safeway have stores in the northeast?

Not sure if they did in Central New York.  They did have retail locations in some of eastern states, though, at least back then; where I remember seeing their trucks in the late summer and fall in Central New York in the 1990s was coming and going from some of the huge apple farms in the hills of Onondaga County, presumeably with wholesale loads of produce for their stores.  

~Dave

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds