Home Open Account Help 354 users online

Model Railroading > NEW moloco PCF 3rd run available for sale NOW

Date: 08/31/22 00:44
NEW moloco PCF 3rd run available for sale NOW
Author: kangaroose

Ok, it's that time for a new release. These are aPCF10vailable and ready for shipping to your place. Our continued quality standard, Innovation - Accuracy - Durable. After out pre-order customer have been served, we are opening up to the public for sale. As usual we have all the great photos of the cars alongside the proto photos.
Solid design, no gimicks, correct size roller bearing on trucks (and super free rolling), correct sized rivets, rivet-panels, metal cornet stirrups, rubber air hoses, side key detail on the coupler box, metal wire brake rods (with metal hangers) and air pipes. The trucks are moulded in colours to keep your equipment rolling free and not adding to the resistance.

https://www.molocotrains.com/collections/freight-cars/PCF10

Enjoy, Nick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/22 00:56 by kangaroose.

Date: 08/31/22 00:47
Re: NEW moloco PCF 3rd run available for sale NOW

Besides the obvious schemes released, we actually have three almost similar SP repaint cars. Being repaints things were not re-lettered exactly the same each time. So, therefore we have three different schemes from eight car numbers.

Also note this time around the SP boxcars came with unique to SP crossbrace locking arms on their plug doors. Also half of the SP cars had their loaders removed, so they became XMI or plain jane XM boxcars which were insulated. Thanks to SP we have some unique cars not offered previously.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/22 00:49 by kangaroose.

Date: 08/31/22 15:16
Author: tomstp

That Triangle is a good looking car but: $62.95?

Date: 08/31/22 15:47
Author: TomG

tomstp Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That Triangle is a good looking car but: $62.95?

If you go back far enough you will find a post about earlier RBL runs in which I said something in the line of they must be on drugs to charge 49 bucks. Being a hypocrite of local 409, I realized crow tastes just like chicken. I missed the first run of WP cars and was lucky enough to get 2 that someone ordered and didnt pick up. The quality is quite nice and enough to make me order all 4 of this run. They are pushing the price point, but so is every other producer with one reason or another since the start of covid. Try one, you can always sell it for twice its value on that auction site.

Date: 08/31/22 17:37
Author: billmeeker

tomstp Wrote:
> That Triangle is a good looking car but: $62.95? 

That, plus the $15 minimum shipping charge makes it close to $80 for one box car.  A bit cheaper per car if you order more than one, but more than I am willing to pay for a box car.  They do look nice though.

Date: 08/31/22 18:11
Author: SPDRGWfan

I think if the order exceeds $250 shipping is free. I ordered 3 SP which are on the way.

Posted from Android

Date: 08/31/22 18:25
Author: ChrisCampi

billmeeker Wrote:
> tomstp Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > That Triangle is a good looking car but:
> $62.95? 
>
> That, plus the $15 minimum shipping charge makes
> it close to $80 for one box car.  A  bit cheaper
> per car if you order more than one, but more than
> I am willing to pay for a box car.  They do look
> nice though.

I hear ya. On the other hand, fifteen dollars is just about what it costs me to drive to my LHS.

Date: 08/31/22 20:54
Author: dmaffei

Thanks for doing a quality car. Especially in SP. 👍 Note the prepainted wheel faces. Wishing all high end cars did this. 

Date: 08/31/22 21:50
Author: TCnR

I did that math as well. Kinda surprising,

>
> I hear ya. On the other hand, fifteen dollars is
> just about what it costs me to drive to my LHS.

Date: 09/01/22 07:04
Author: ChrisCampi

dmaffei Wrote:
> Thanks for doing a quality car. Especially in SP.
> 👍 Note the prepainted wheel faces. Wishing all
> high end cars did this. 

Also noted in your photo that the brake wheel platform is painted. I Don't recall seeing that done before.

Date: 09/01/22 08:36
Author: TCnR

Suspect that would indicate a repaint, they just paint everything compared to the builder who would paint it before all the appliances go on.

Suspect that would apply to roofs as well, they were a seperate component that would be replaced as needed, sometimes the paint crew paints the whole car and sometimes they paint what they can reach. Roofs are more complicated thoguh because they would get a lot of damage from forklifts inside the car, sometimes a section would get replaced, but sometimes not.

ChrisCampi Wrote:
>
> Also noted in your photo that the brake wheel
> platform is painted. I Don't recall seeing that
> done before.

Date: 09/01/22 15:51
Author: wabash2800

Very nice. Phew! I'm glad they are not  my era... I dodged that bullet.

Victor B.

Date: 09/01/22 16:14
Author: TomG

I forget Victor, what is your era?

Date: 09/01/22 16:26
Author: wabash2800

1950s. Transition from steam to diesel to before the Wabash started to paint heavyweight passenger car roofs a hideous silver and the F units were renumbered into the three digit number series.  Regardless, it's a wide range that includes the Train Masters delivered in 1956. Fortunately, not much changed in those years.

Victor

TomG Wrote:
> I forget Victor, what is your era?

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/22 19:34 by wabash2800.

Date: 09/02/22 05:01

Thanks Dave,
Nick

Posted from Android

Date: 09/02/22 05:07

Chris,
First up this is a repaint so everything was painted. Before the use of galvanised sheets for the roof they were just painted steel. When galvanised sheets did come into use some specifications still required overall painting anyway which seemed to be the case for SP. I believe the transition to non-painted galvanised parts was a bit hit or miss. You even got the situations were a roofwalk was not painted but the roof was and vice versa. Tricky.
Nick

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0818 seconds