Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Model Railroading > K Line O scale 18" Aluminum passenger cars - "Phoebe Snow"

Date: 09/06/22 06:39
K Line O scale 18" Aluminum passenger cars - "Phoebe Snow"
Author: wbrian1

For a number of years I have been trying to put together a full list of the Lackawanna  "Phoebe Snow" streamline extruded aluminum 3-rail 18" passenger cars made by K Line Trains during its production history. Discussions with various model train hobbyists/dealers resulted with about half advising that the names in my 6-car collection are all that exist, with the other half advising that it is possible that additional car names were manufactured in two separate K Line (not Lionel) production runs of the 18" cars during the company's history.  All sources agree that after eliminating the possibility that uncatalogued cars manufactured, the definitive answer lies with checking the K Line production run print catalogs, a source that I have not been able to locate. 

If any members can help with the identification efforts, either with checking catalogs or suggesting possible information sources, it would be greatly appreciated.

My K Line "Phoebe Snow" 6-car consist of 18" extruded aluminum cars:
1).  United States Mail Railway Post Office - #1819 
2).  Pullman  sleeper- Cohocton
3.)  Pullman sleeper - Tobyhanna 
4).  Coach - #321
5).  Diner - #469
6). Tavern Lounge - #789

Thanks,
wbrian1

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0867 seconds