Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Model Railroading > SP in the late afternoon shadows.

Date: 11/25/22 16:36
SP in the late afternoon shadows.
Author: ChrisCampi

Jeff's Tradition's post yesterday got me thinking that I needed to make some time today to run trains. My layout is set in the early to mid nineties and is a fictional short line located in the San Francisco east bay and serves the industrial parks of Hayward, Union City and Fremont.  Nothing is finished but here's the SP on its way to deliver a cut of cars at the interchange, still a few miles away, in the late afternoon.

Motive power is a pair of Scale Trains SD40T-2's and a single ST SD45.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 11/25/22 17:35
Re: SP in the late afternoon shadows.
Author: FiveChime

Nice looking train running real smooth.
Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 11/25/22 18:16
Author: ghemr

Cool video!

Date: 11/25/22 18:51
Author: UP951West

Hey, very nice video and I like your trackwork. Thanks for posting. 

Date: 11/26/22 10:00
Author: tracktime

That looks great!  What brand/style ballast is that? it looks perfect for SP ballast in the East Bay back then (as you intended, of course.) 

Cheers,
Harry

Date: 11/26/22 12:40
Author: SPB

Chris

Nice train, good looking track work.  

Gerry

Date: 11/26/22 13:02
Author: ChrisCampi

Thank you Guy's. Harry, the ballast is a mix of Arizona Rock HO and N CSX/SP/Walbash grey with some Walthers medium grey blend and  some weathering powder mixed in. I like to finish it with a second application of Arizona Rock N scale to fill in the gaps and tone down the larger size HO scale rock as I feel it's to large.

Date: 11/26/22 22:15
Author: atsf121

Those Scale Train units are beauties, and that was a smooth moving train, love the video.  Reminds me of the SP trains I used to see in the Bay Area when I was growing up.  

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0455 seconds