Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Model Railroading > N Scale container storage

Date: 11/28/22 21:54
N Scale container storage
Author: SpringedSwitch

I've amassed a large collection of N-Scale 20/40/48/53 foot containers. Most of them come new in little plastic bags which aren't ideal for storage.

I take them to and from  my local railroad club and they've become quite cumbersome. Has anybody found a good container or other solution to storing N-Scale containers?

Date: 11/29/22 07:31
Re: N Scale container storage
Author: kscessnadriver

I use Sterilite Wide 3 drawer plastic storage units for all my N scale equipment. Put something like a kitchen drawer liner in the bottom and it prevents things from sliding in the container.

Not to link to walmart specifically, but this is what I'm talking about. Sterilite Wide 3 Drawer Storage

Date: 11/29/22 11:08
Author: SpringedSwitch

Thank you for the suggestion. Did you make or find any dividers for the loose items like containers?

Date: 11/29/22 15:42
Author: tehachapifan

I've found that pizza boxes make pretty good storage and transport boxes for N scale stuff. They stack good (although they're not real strong, especially towards the center), are light, easy to carry and cheap. We've had to get ready to evacuate a couple times where I live and I had all my N scale stuff loaded into several of these boxes and ready to go on two occasions now. They can often be purchased at a restaurant supply store. 

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/22 15:43 by tehachapifan.

Date: 11/29/22 16:24
Author: kscessnadriver

SpringedSwitch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thank you for the suggestion. Did you make or find
> any dividers for the loose items like containers?

I just put in whatever I've got to fit in the drawer. With a non-slip mat on the bottom of the drawer, I don't find things moving a whole lot. But I suppose you could make some sort of divider system to put in there if you wanted to.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0445 seconds