Home Open Account Help 187 users online

Model Railroading > Atlas Cantilever Signal Bridge

Date: 12/30/22 12:56
Atlas Cantilever Signal Bridge
Author: bluesboyst

I purchased an Atlas 2 track Cantilever signal bridge.   Is there a special way to mount these to the board? Looks like you need to drill 4 holes for the wires to drop down under the board.but the connectors seem bigger than the post that will support the signal...

Steve

Date: 12/30/22 13:37
Re: Atlas Cantilever Signal Bridge
Author: richmondterminal

bluesboyst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I purchased an Atlas 2 track Cantilever signal
> bridge.   Is there a special way to mount these
> to the board? Looks like you need to drill 4 holes
> for the wires to drop down under the board.but the
> connectors seem bigger than the post that will
> support the signal...
>
> Steve

Yes, the quick disconnect connectors (they are probably JST style) are larger than the size of a hole you would drill for the verticle tubes of it. I have NO idea what Atlas is thinking with respect to this setup.

Since I use them with various LCC nodes, I just cut off the connectors and go from there.

Potentially, you could build up some sort of sub base or base where the hole through your subroadbed is large enough to get those connectors through, but the signal mounting is small enough that there would not be a gap.

Date: 12/30/22 14:03
Author: bluesboyst

Thanks for the info....

Date: 12/30/22 14:06
Author: wabash2800

If they are anything like the older style cantilevers (or any signals for that matter), there should be a concerete pedestal where the signal mast meets the ground anyway. I have fabricated these out styrene and painted them to resemble concrete. You could drill some holes through them.

Victor Baird

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/30/22 15:34 by wabash2800.

Date: 12/31/22 12:08
Author: Westbound

Mine (non Atlas) is mounted using a brass tube that drops down an inch or so into the layout and up to the walkway. A hole in the side, enlarged and the edge dulled with a file, carries the wires up to the signal heads.

Date: 01/01/23 18:28
Author: Marionbranch

I have installed several of them on the layout, and just built a simple base using Evergreen strip stock. I did drill a 3/8 hole inthe center of the mounting area for the wire plugs to drop threw.

Jeff

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0316 seconds