Home Open Account Help 231 users online

Model Railroading > Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club


Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


Date: 01/24/23 20:10
Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: dmaffei

Test ran consists at the Crockett model railroad club Sunday. Scaletrains UP SD40-2 on the point 3757, three more Scaletrains SP SD45s and one Athearn SD40 with Kato chassis. Helper set is two Athearn SD39s primed for grime repowered with Kato Chassis's. Freight cars are a showcase of what I completed in 2022. Check my YouTube channel "Track n Time" for more videos. See you at BAPM in June. Keep modeling...

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!




Date: 01/24/23 20:19
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: tomstp

My goodness, what a train.  Loved the fact it has a caboose.



Date: 01/24/23 20:33
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: dmaffei

Same train coming downgrade slow with dynamic brakes. Helpers followed train down at end of video.

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!




Date: 01/25/23 05:12
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: SPDRGWfan

Wow, probably the most awesome SP train I've ever seen in HO.  Weathered but not too much.  Looks as it should for late 70's early  80's, my favorite time preiod.  Cool DB sound in the 2nd video.

Watching the freight cars, I could nearly field that same train from what I've put together, save all those plain Jane covered hoppers.  If I only had hobby time to get my flat cars loaded and weathered.

Excellent train!
Cheers,
Jim



Date: 01/25/23 08:12
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: BAB

Is it going to be open during O Scale West this year? Am hoping to make it depending on getting a ride or not. This year going Amtrak am over putting up with the traffic getting there. Oh and the dates will be May 25-27.



Date: 01/25/23 08:15
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: WAF

dmaffei Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Test ran consists at the Crockett model railroad
> club Sunday. Scaletrains UP SD40-2 on the point
> 3757, three more Scaletrains SP SD45s and one
> Athearn SD40 with Kato chassis. Helper set is two
> Athearn SD39s primed for grime repowered with Kato
> Chassis's. Freight cars are a showcase of what I
> completed in 2022. Check my YouTube channel "Track
> n Time" for more videos. See you at BAPM in June.
> Keep modeling...
Outstanding!



Date: 01/25/23 09:38
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: Red_over_Yellow

Well done Dave! Great looking power and train. 



Date: 01/25/23 09:44
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: sp8192

Really excellent!  I could almost feel the train pushing lead locos down that grade in the second video...great stuff!   



Date: 01/25/23 13:03
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: ChrisCampi

Ack! A UP leader! :-) gorgeous train, love the lumber loads. Good as it gets.  



Date: 01/25/23 13:06
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: SPDRGWfan

ChrisCampi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ack! A UP leader! :-) gorgeous train, love the
> lumber loads. Good as it gets.  

Back in the day, UP in SP consists wasn't unusual from a lot of photo's from the 70's.  I'm game to get me a UP SD40 or SD40-2 that fits the pattern.  I've got some UP SD45's that were mixed with D&RGW SD45's on the Kaiser Coal train as well.



Date: 01/25/23 13:47
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: ChrisCampi

SPDRGWfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ChrisCampi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ack! A UP leader! :-) gorgeous train, love the
> > lumber loads. Good as it gets.  
>
> Back in the day, UP in SP consists wasn't unusual
> from a lot of photo's from the 70's.  I'm game to
> get me a UP SD40 or SD40-2 that fits the
> pattern.  I've got some UP SD45's that were mixed
> with D&RGW SD45's on the Kaiser Coal train as
> well.

This may shock you Jim, but I got two ST SD-40-2s and a bunch of Rio Grande power just for that reason!  :-)

Back in the early nineties, UP would run a set of light SD40-2's down former WP's third street trackage in Oakland, street running through the produce district. I would sneak in behind them as all the lights would be timed green for the UP and watch as car alarms would be set off all along the way. Good times, it was awesome!



Date: 01/25/23 13:55
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: icancmp193

Great looking power and train. Just right weathering. Very much reminded me of my 70's railfanning days on the SP.

TJY



Date: 01/25/23 15:24
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: DynamicBrake

GREAT video Dave!  Nothing like running a great looking train on a great looking layout.  Thanks for sharing.

Kent in CArmel Valley



Date: 01/25/23 15:27
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: SPDRGWfan

ChrisCampi Wrote:
----------------------------------------------------
>
> This may shock you Jim, but I got two ST SD-40-2s
> and a bunch of Rio Grande power just for that
> reason!  :-)

I'm shocked I tell you! I've been casually watching ScaleTrains but hoping they would offer UP SD40-2s for mid-late 1970s, but seems they have only done 80s UP. But I may be mistaken.

Posted from Android



Date: 01/25/23 15:27
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: SPDRGWfan

ChrisCampi Wrote:
----------------------------------------------------
>
> This may shock you Jim, but I got two ST SD-40-2s
> and a bunch of Rio Grande power just for that
> reason!  :-)

I'm shocked I tell you! I've been casually watching ScaleTrains but hoping they would offer UP SD40-2s for mid-late 1970s, but seems they have only done 80s UP. But I may be mistaken.

Posted from Android



Date: 01/25/23 17:36
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: gandydancer4

WOW!! Simply Beautiful.
 



Date: 01/25/23 20:06
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: railstiesballast

I like how the train was blocked, it looks like how a terminal would make up a train with different blocks of traffic.
A nice detail was the couple of stray empty flats going the same way as the lumber loads.
I never could figure out some of the traffic patterns on the SP but odd things like that happened.



Date: 01/26/23 07:40
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: atsf121

Fantastic modeling, and the videos are great, sure enjoyed watching.

Nathan



Date: 01/26/23 08:21
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: SPDRGWfan

dmaffei Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Check my YouTube channel "Track
> n Time" for more videos. 

Enjoyed the WP video with lots of Moloco boxcars.  Comments were turned off so complimenting here.



Date: 01/26/23 08:32
Re: Test weekend at the Crocket model railroad club
Author: WAF

railstiesballast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like how the train was blocked, it looks like
> how a terminal would make up a train with
> different blocks of traffic.
> A nice detail was the couple of stray empty flats
> going the same way as the lumber loads.
> I never could figure out some of the traffic
> patterns on the SP but odd things like that
> happened.
Bad orders to home shop at the end



Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2


[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0736 seconds