Home Open Account Help 387 users online

Model Railroading > Steve Wesolowski's MRL #375

Date: 03/27/23 11:46
Steve Wesolowski's MRL #375
Author: funnelfan

Special Thanks to Mike Ferguson for organizing the sale of the late Steve's Wesolowski model railroad collection to benefit his wife. Its a lot of work and effort he is putting into it. I found a custom painted and detailed Kato SD45 model of MRL 375 that Steve made. I photographed that locomotive several times on the MRL and it also worked for the Eastern Washington Gateway RR early on. I never got to run it because it was scrapped due to bad wheels before I hired on. Also bought Steve's collection of Portland General Electric (PGEX) coal hoppers so I can finish out a train of them. Can see it now with a mix of UP. BN and Oakways with MRL helpers.

MRL 375 on a 4 unit helper set leading the point of a westbound intermodal train out of the west portal of Mullan Tunnel in some light snow. Oct 13th, 2003.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/27/23 11:47 by funnelfan.

Date: 03/27/23 14:28
Re: Steve Wesolowski's MRL #375
Author: ChrisCampi

Beautiful unit. Steve did a great job. Seems odd that the 375 would have been scrapped for wheel issues. I wonder if there might be more to that story.

Date: 03/27/23 15:03
Re: Steve Wesolowski's MRL #375
Author: TomG

Wish I had known about the sale. I would so much rather my dollar go to another model railroader or to benefit their wife than someone just looking to profit on the auction site. I don't know who Steve was, but he did a nice SD45. Im glad you got it, i like to see someones collection fall in the right hands so their beloved trains will live on. Ted your the right person.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0504 seconds