Home Open Account Help 271 users online

Model Railroading > The Tampa Northern work continues

Date: 05/22/23 17:52
The Tampa Northern work continues
Author: SALGUY

I had today off from work.  After getting about 6 trees trimmed, it was off to the basement for more work on cars and engines for the Tampa Northern Railroad. 

Photo 1.  The two now COMPLETE 2 Bay Accurail ACF covered hoppers.  When I get a chance, I'll hit them with another dose of SolvaSet.  After that, they will get washed. Once dried it will be time for DullCote, weathering and another coat of DullCote.

Photo2.  SD40-2 775 and GP38-2 545 lead a short cut of cars.  Both engines need additional work before they are complete.  I think they look pretty darn nice. 

Photo 3.  Tampa Northern 50ft boxcars.  One is outfitted with an experimental, lightweight, aluminum door.  Both cars need more lettering to be complete.  Also, the sill steps will be replaced by metal ones from A Line. 

Be sure to follow the Tampa Northern Railroad. 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/879490203259220/?ref=share_group_link

Date: 05/22/23 18:00
Re: The Tampa Northern work continues

Photo 1.  This photo shows all of the types of equipment currently in Tampa Northern paint. 

Photo 2.  One of the completed Tampa Northern 2 bay ACF covered hoppers. 

Photo 3.  2 different types of Tampa Northern ACF covered hoppers.  The 2 bay cars will be used in cement and sand service.  The dark blue, Gulf Blue cars will be used in grain service only.  The lighter blue cars will be used in processed phosphate and fertilizer service. The 3 bay cars obviously need more decal work. 

Be sure to follow the Tampa Northern Railroad.
 https://www.facebook.com/groups/879490203259220/?ref=share_group_link

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/23 18:04 by SALGUY.

Date: 05/23/23 17:20
Author: NiagaraMike

Nice stuff-well done!

Date: 05/23/23 18:12
Author: Notch7

Beautiful work.

Date: 05/24/23 02:21

NiagaraMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Nice stuff-well done!

Thank you very much.  When these cars and engines are complete, it will be tike to get back to building the railroad. 

Date: 05/24/23 02:21

Notch7 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Beautiful work.

Thank You. 

Date: 05/27/23 20:59
Author: EricSP

Will this layout include a citrus processing plant?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0472 seconds