Home Open Account Help 200 users online

Model Railroading > Spring Mills HO B&O I-1/I-5 cabooses?

Date: 05/25/23 16:30
Spring Mills HO B&O I-1/I-5 cabooses?
Author: Jettrainfan

I sent an email to Spring Mills Depot about 20 days ago regarding their ho scale Baltimore & Ohio I-1 and I-5 cabooses. I wanted to know how far they've come along since they were listed for preorder around 2015/2016 yet have never heard the outcome of what happened to them. From what I've read, it's a one person business so replies tend to be slow. I would like to order a few, but it's kind of hard to do if they've been stuck in limbo for 7 years with no foreseeable outcome.

I know the DODX flat cars were recently done, so they're still in business.

Posted from Android

Date: 05/25/23 16:43
Re: Spring Mills HO B&O I-1/I-5 cabooses?
Author: wabash2800

I think there might have been something reported on this here, and IIRC it had something to do with finding another factory in China. Perhaps that was resolved with the flat cars? I have one of the wagon top box cars and they are great.

Victor Baird

Date: 05/25/23 19:14
Author: JDLX

As per their website:

http://www.springmillsdepot.com/

They are “working” on the I-5 and I-1/2/3 cabooses with no projected delivery date. They did get caught up in the factory closure from a couple years back. N&W cabooses, which is what I’m waiting for, are only TBD. I’ve long ago adopted the attitude I’ll be pleasantly surprised when those cars are actually produced.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Posted from iPhone

Date: 05/26/23 04:45
Author: DLM

The owners have daytime jobs and do this on the side. Anything they produce will be done correctly.  I am very happy with the Canstock cars they produced.

Date: 05/26/23 07:40
Author: aehouse

I'm reluctant to order anything without a near-term projected delivery date. Some of Rapido's offerings, for which I placed orders years ago, are still not here.

Some announcement-order deadline-production-delivery times now exceed my life expectancy.

Art House

Date: 05/26/23 08:55
Author: randyr

I’m starting to look at delivery dates now and think how old I’m getting and will be when an item is projected to be delivered. I appreciate Art’s take😀

Randy

Posted from iPhone

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds