Home Open Account Help 349 users online

Model Railroading > Tampa Northern is back

Date: 06/04/23 19:46
Tampa Northern is back
Author: SALGUY

One of the things i'm working on for my Tampa Northern Railroad is a series of 3 trains called the CITRUS EXPRESS.  

I've decided to paint up to 3 units in special paint for these trains.  Each train will feature one of these units, in the lead, when practical.

The first one to be worked on is an Athearn Blue Box U33B.  This unit was decorated for the scl.  Thankfully, a bath in some brake fluid took car of that issue.  

The Tampa Northern Railroad is a subsidary of the Seaboard Air Line.  My original intent was for it to be a terminal and switching operation, while the SAL handled mainline operations.  Well, that's evalving a bit, because of this CITRUS EXPRESS idea.  

Anyhow, here is the first Tampa Northern Units coupled to the first CITRUS EXPRESS 57ft mechanical reefer. 

In the first photo you see the final version of the paint for these specially painted units.  This is an expansion of the SAL citrus paint scheme and their Jolly Green Giant Green units. This green is bolder, brighter and that's by design. 

Photo 2. The U33B as i initally did it.  I decided that it needed an orange sill stripe, which all other Tampa Northern units have. 

Photo 3.  This photo shows the difference between Tampa Northern green and Seaboards Jolly Green Giant Green.  As you can see, the TN green is much more vivid. 

When this unit gets finished, Dullcoted and weathered lightly, it will get toned down a bit. 

Be sure to follow the Tampa Northern Railroad https://www.facebook.com/groups/879490203259220/?ref=share_group_link

Date: 06/05/23 04:52
Re: Tampa Northern is back
Author: boejoe

I think the Citrus scheme is a great idea.  Looks good.

Date: 06/05/23 05:28
Author: atsf121

I like it

Date: 06/06/23 06:40

boejoe Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think the Citrus scheme is a great idea.  Looks
> good.

Thank you.

I'm just following the lead of parent company Seaboard Air Line.  My version, for the Tampa Northern Railroad, is a bit bolder, a bit brighter. 

Date: 06/06/23 06:41

atsf121 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I like it

Thank you, so do I. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0573 seconds