Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Model Railroading > ATSF Bicentennial 5702

Date: 06/05/23 08:57
ATSF Bicentennial 5702
Author: dmaffei

What do you see missing on this model? Why? What's the rest of the story ? Monday morning brain teaser ...

Date: 06/05/23 09:12
Re: ATSF Bicentennial 5702
Author: ghemr

The Presidential seal on the round disk?

Date: 06/05/23 09:25
Author: tracktime

Is someone modeling the 5702 which was missing the Presidential seal which peeled off due to aggressive cleaning chemicals (on the prototype)?

Date: 06/05/23 09:37
Author: Westbound

Appears to be in service, so where is the fireman or conductor in the cab (we are seeing the fireman’s side, not the engineer’s)?

Date: 06/05/23 09:50

tracktime Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Is someone modeling the 5702 which was missing the
> Presidential seal which peeled off due to
> aggressive cleaning chemicals (on the prototype)?
>

Yes sir. So does anyone have a photo of 5702 in this configuration while missing the Presidential seal ? (for extra credit)  

Date: 06/05/23 10:09
Author: 3rdswitch

Just looked and only units I have photos of with missing seal is the 00, 01 and the 03. Not sure if it was ever missing on the 02? 5700 Super C east, Lugo, CA, 3-76. Your model must be a one of a kind employee paint job as all three units I have shots of are just the plain dark blue seen here.
JB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/23 14:00 by 3rdswitch.

Date: 06/05/23 11:05
Author: BoilingMan

We had the '04 on the AFT, before the seal was added, on our way to Albuquerque, and probably from ABQ to Odessa, TX.  On that move we switched to the MoPac at El Paso and the '04 came off there.  We got the '04 back a week or so later and the seal had been added- shown in Houston TX.   I suspect the units came out of the paint shop before the seals were ready and they ran around briefly without them.  That would explain the red & silver on the disk.  If the seal had been added immediately I doubt they'd have bothered- the disks would have been a solid color underneath, don't you think?
SR

We had the '00 on the way to Oklahoma City, but I'm pretty sure it had it's seal by then.  This is the only photo I took of it.

Date: 06/05/23 13:30

A prototype photo from retired ATSF conductor Charlie Slater. Both sides were missing the seal until they were hand painted. Decal was damaged on wash rack. Please note the strobe was not installed in this photo... The modeler wants to correct his model now! A good reminder to check prototype photos when modeling a specific model or era... Right! .( Apologies for poor screen shot photo)

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0534 seconds