Home Open Account Help 255 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido U25B vs Bowser U25B question

Date: 09/13/23 12:47
Rapido U25B vs Bowser U25B question
Author: rschonfelder

I was looking at the U25B at a LHS in Edmonton and it seems to be the only hobbyshop here in western Canada who brought some in.  I had a comment from a mail order place that they did not bring in the Rapido version as they previously sold the Bowser model of this.  Now from my recollection, the Bowser was the old Stewart which had the open pilot (think early blue box) and the markers were completely in the wrong location.

Did Bowser in fact rehash their version to improve it? or did the author of the response not realise the difference?

Rick

Date: 09/13/23 20:00
Re: Rapido U25B vs Bowser U25B question
Author: CPR_4000

Bowser made quite a few mods to the Stewart U25B but IMO it's still far from state of the art.

Date: 09/13/23 20:24
Author: binder001

I picked up a Rapido UP high-nose U25B at my local dealer in Lincoln, NE.  I have been critical of Rapido in the past, but this one is a honey!  The old Bowser/Stewart U25B is OK, but it is at least a full generation behind the Rapido.  I'm also not partial to ESU decoders, but this one sounds right (to my old ears).  Yes, the Rapido costs a lot more, but IMHO you get a LOT more over the Bowser model.  My biggest regret is that Rapido didn't put out a CB&Q version, or the low-nose UP version.  Both of those are on my want list.

Gary B.
Waverly, NE

Date: 09/13/23 21:23
Author: MitchGDRMCo

binder001 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My biggest regret is that Rapido
> didn't put out a CB&Q version, or the low-nose UP
> version.  Both of those are on my want list.
>
> Gary B.
> Waverly, NE

This may come across as condecending but I see this sort of comment alot and it's driving me a little batty.

Ofcourse they're going to spend all that money to produce one run of a model aren't they? Every mfger just does one run of anything right?
They haven't done them YET, just wait....

Date: 09/14/23 21:54
Author: RailThunder

The later Bowser Executive Line U25Bs are actually quite nice with rebuilt trucks, gear boxes, and right sized handrails along with railroad specific details.  The sound versions also have Lok Sound as well.  The Rapido's look very nice as well, and the high nose is a neat option.  To me, it's not about which one is "better", but about what I want on my railroad.  I will probably opt to get a Rapido one to go with my Executive Line one in the future. It comes down to roadname and wallet!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds