Home Open Account Help 236 users online

Model Railroading > Coming from Bowser

Date: 09/16/23 18:03
Coming from Bowser
Author: SALGUY

Guys, Bowser showed this at a show today. This is going to hurt. The Alco C415s are just so darn cool. I think the Tampa Northern will be in for 3 of these.

Not my photo.  It showed up in one of my facecrook groups. 

Date: 09/16/23 19:29
Re: Coming from Bowser
Author: WP921

It seems like Bowser started thinking of this project in 2014.  This Trainorders thread from that year says as much:

https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3,3612463,page=1

I wonder if they will do an SP version (high cab)?

Date: 09/16/23 20:16
Author: icancmp193

Wouldn't that be cool? Just received a Tangent SP&S caboose, hoping to someday have the C-415 to go with it.

TJY

Date: 09/16/23 20:28
Author: SP4360

They do an SP version,  I'm in for 2.

Date: 09/16/23 21:09
Author: M-420

WP921 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seems like Bowser started thinking of this project in 2014.  This Trainorders thread from  that year says as much:
>
> https://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?3> 3612463,page=1
>
> I wonder if they will do an SP version (high cab)?

Several years ago I did some measurements of a high cab 415 for their project. Their intent at that time was to design tooling that would allow them to offer all versions except for the low cab Monongahela Connecting unit.

Brian E

Date: 09/16/23 21:10
Author: randyr

Good news, thanks Tampa Northern CEO for the update. I could use a couple Rio Grande foobies. But hard to justify as I think Rio Grande wasn’t overly happy with their RS3s. But still I will find a reason to get a couple. Thanks again for the heads up.

Randy in PHX

Posted from iPhone

Date: 09/16/23 23:37
Author: CPR_4000

Bowser seems to be doing nearly every variation of the RS3 (even the homely CP chopnosed units!) so I'd imagine they'll cover the C415 equally well.

Date: 09/17/23 15:45

randyr Wrote:
> Good news, thanks Tampa Northern CEO for the
> update. I could use a couple Rio Grande foobies.
> But hard to justify as I think Rio Grande wasn’t
> overly happy with their RS3s. But still I will
> find a reason to get a couple. Thanks again for
> the heads up.
>
> Randy in PHX
>
> Posted from iPhone

You're welcome.  I found it in a group I belong to and I had to share it.  I'm think 3 will work for me.  I just want standard cab, undec units.  I'll use them as power assigned to industry jobs. One will work the phosphate processing facility, one will work the sugar refinery and one will work the flour mill.  

What I havent decided is if they will be TN units, or industry owned units.  I bet I've got lots of time to decide.  I've already got a pusher, Bob The Train Guy, www.bobthetrainguy.com, on the case for me. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 15:45 by SALGUY.

Date: 09/17/23 15:48

CPR_4000 Wrote:
> Bowser seems to be doing nearly every variation of
> the RS3 (even the homely CP chopnosed units!) so
> I'd imagine they'll cover the C415 equally well. 

That would be awesome.  I was hoping Rapido wouldn't do them!  Lol. I'd love to pick up a couple of their 44 tonners and their upcoming GP40s as well.  I just dont trust their quality control.  

Date: 09/17/23 17:15
Author: CPR_4000

I'm looking forward to the Rapido 44T's, too. I'm pretty satisfied with my Atlas GP40's and GP38's.

Date: 09/18/23 09:39
Author: gdaltondavis

Thanks Denis! I have no need for these but I'm sure there will be at least one switching an industry on my layout alongside that Whitcomb that I also didn't need :-)

Greg Davis
St Pete, FL

Date: 09/18/23 16:58

gdaltondavis Wrote:
> Thanks Denis! I have no need for these but I'm
> sure there will be at least one switching an
> industry on my layout alongside that Whitcomb that
> I also didn't need :-)
>
> Greg Davis
> St Pete, FL

You are welcome.

Like you, I don't hve a need for them, i've got plenty of power.  With that being said, they will be good industry switchers, along with my Baldwins.  I think the Baldwins will work the phosphate mine.  These 415s will work the processing plant, the flour mill and the sugar refinery.  They are just too cool, that's all.  

Greg, we've all got power we don't need!  Need and want, they are two different things.  

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/23 18:57 by SALGUY.

Date: 09/19/23 14:20
Author: mcdeo

Thank you for the update. Definitely a hit on the wallet! Glad they are finally being done. 

Mike ONeill
Parker, CO

Date: 09/19/23 14:48
Author: inyosub

Well shoot dog, they had made the trucks.
I'm in for a few if still around. One of my 2 favorite engines.
And yes I have some cab time in one! There ain't nothing like feeling the trucks skew in the rail for bite on a heavy cut.
And this is a promise kept.
As Tony Thompson the man him self is my witness, Bowser had told me they were working on them. At some long
gone by NMRA convention.
I own a pair of the cheap brass ones that have been jacked up, mech replaced with Atlas drive, and DCC sound. And also
 one of the premium ones in Chehalis Western.
But, I'm in for a couple, well.... because I promised.  ouch.

Date: 09/19/23 23:07
Author: rwtempe

I too am in for at least 3, probably 4 in SP. Perfect for my LA Division layout.

Rick Watson
Tempe, AZ

Date: 09/20/23 02:05
Author: MitchGDRMCo

inyosub Wrote:
> Well shoot dog, they had made the trucks.

They already had them from the C430 (and iirc supplied them to Atlas for the LIRR C420s).

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.061 seconds