Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Model Railroading > ClassOneModelWorks

Date: 09/17/23 15:52
ClassOneModelWorks
Author: santafesteve

Has anyone received there GSC flar cars yet ? I received mine Friday morning and i just got to open the santa fe one this afternoon. The first thing I saw the santa fe car and it has WRONG CARS, am I correct ? ? ?  I beleve the santa fe as built cars had friction cars, not roller bearings. All drawings show friction bearings not roller bearing. If i an right or wrong, please correct me, besides the so called roller bearings, won't roll out of their own way.
Steve Kelly 
California Southern MRRC.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 15:59 by santafesteve.

Date: 09/17/23 16:59
Re: ClassOneModelWorks
Author: SCAX3401

When you go to the ClassOneModelWorks website and look at the Santa Fe GSC flatcar, if you read the details at the bottom, it clearly states that there first run will be cars with upgraded roller bearings.  Future releases will have friction bearings if appropriate.  I am guessing you didn't read that prior to ordering.

Also, what do you mean "won't roll out of their own way"?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 17:00 by SCAX3401.

Date: 09/17/23 17:42
Author: santafesteve

Thank-you for the reply. No, evendly that the first run would be rebuilds with roller bearings. My experence with model railroad cars with roller bearing cars don't roll well , and I have a lot of them don't roll. I just took these 2 cars I have here and put them on our 2 3/4 and 3 1/3 % return down tracks and they just sit there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/23 17:54 by santafesteve.

Date: 09/17/23 21:26
Author: funnelfan

I take it you are talking about trucks with the rotating bearing caps. It's been hit and miss with those trucks, some roll fine, many do not.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 09/17/23 21:32
Author: PHall

I suspect that a little "fine tuning" as in removing any flash on the side frames and some lubrication with some powered graphite will help a lot.

Date: 09/18/23 12:13
Author: BlackWidow

I picked one up at the National Train show but have not run it yet.  I'll be running it this week and I will see how it operates.

Date: 09/18/23 15:26
Author: acltrainman

My 2 roll nice. I lubed the axles before use.

Stanley Jackowski
Valrico, FL

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0314 seconds