Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Model Railroading > Bring on the Fan Trips

Date: 03/13/24 02:39
Bring on the Fan Trips
Author: funnelfan

Been wanting a really good model of the SP 4-8-4 GS-4 #4449 for quite a while now. I've been photographing the locomotive many times since the 90's and remember it's stops in Salem, OR in the late 89's. I avoided earlier MTH and BLI models dues to the issues with those models. I did buy a Westside brass GS-4 but never got around to fixing it up with a decoder and paint. When I read about the coming BLI release last year, I knew it was time to pre-order the model and I recieved it a week ago. Last night I finally had a chance to run it at the Caldwell Model RR Club in Caldwell, ID. I cobbled together various daylight painted cars into a fan trip train. I need to get busy on my Montana Daylight passenger train for use behind my SP 4449 and SP&S 700 models. Will also have to look at collecting my own 90's era daylight train. Now I really need to make the car "Yes Dear"

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 03/13/24 03:55
Re: Bring on the Fan Trips
Author: SPDRGWfan

Nice scenes.  Back when dinosaurs roamed the rails, I don't remember the year, but probably around 1978 give or take, I was living in Davis CA where I finished high school and was down at the Dairy Queen adjacent to the tracks I later learned was called the west valley line.  I heard a sound that reminded me of a steam ship, and what should head down the tracks past me was the SP GS-4.  I later chased it north from Davis to Woodland on that same line, but due to all the cars chasing it, and my car on fumes, I had to abort mission.  Since then I've always wanted a model of it, but to this day still do not.  

Thanks for posting those video's!

Cheers,
Jim

Date: 03/13/24 07:31
Author: Red_over_Yellow

Date: 03/13/24 08:20
Author: FiveChime

Smoke looked great!
Regards, Jim Evans

Date: 03/13/24 08:36
Author: CSX2605

Absolutely gorgeous! The smoke adds another dimension and is icing on the cake! 

Date: 03/13/24 12:28
Author: dmaffei

How about a Worlds Fair Daylight? That was an unbelievable time for the fans of 4449.

Date: 03/15/24 06:41
Author: atsf121

Was lucky enough to see the Daylight a number of times while growing up in the Bay Area, fun memories of that train for sure.  And it's my dad's favorite train.

Nathan

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds