Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Model Railroading > A Little Green in the Land of Yellow

Date: 03/17/24 06:16
A Little Green in the Land of Yellow
Author: funnelfan

Yesterday was a operations day on the Caldwell Model RR Club layout. Caldwell, being in the heart of UP controlled territory known as southern Idaho, has plenty of yellow power on the model railroad layouts as well. So I usually add some variety to the usual mix with my assortment of PNW mainline and shortline equipment. Fitting for Saint Patrick's day weekend, I ran some BN local power including Pacific Pride II BN #2085 and GP40M #3513. I didn't take many photos, but one of the jobs I ran was the combined Boise Turn /  Burke Turn. It originates at Nampa Yard and runs to old town Boise and switches the yard there and some industry. I continued on as the Burke Turn to switch out the mining town's lumber mill before returning to Boise to grab the outbound cars and heading back to Nampa switching the transload at Silverwood on the way.

1. With the bulk of the work done at Boise, the train is ready to depart for Burke. The cars next to the train will be picked up on the return trip to go to Nampa.

2. Coming back from Burke passing the town of Falcon.

3. The tramps have a roaring fire going as the local passes by on the way back to Boise.

Ted Curphey
Ontario, OR

Date: 03/17/24 11:05
Re: A Little Green in the Land of Yellow
Author: Barstool

TED looks like a good day at the club,good looking set oif BN power...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0387 seconds