Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Model Railroading > 2024 Central Ohio RPM

Date: 03/23/24 21:05
2024 Central Ohio RPM
Author: SALGUY

Well folks, with what used to be the Savannah RPM wrapped up, and in the books, it's time for me to start reminding folks about the 2024 Central Ohio RPM. 

This year's meet will be held October 10-12 at Marion Union Station, 532 West Center Street, Marion, Ohio. 

This meet features the usual RPM fare.  Model displays, clinics, door prizes, fellowship, brotherhood and much, much more.  We are NOT your generic RPM meet.

The festivities kick off Thursday, the 10th, with setup.  We will start that around noon.  Once that's done, early arrivers are encouraged to get their displays set up.   After setup there will be plenty if time for fanning in Marion.  The Depot has 3 sets of double track mainlines right outside the doors.  AC Tower, now preserved, and a real genuine EL caboose, also preserved, are on the property.  Both make nice props for photographs.

Around 5pm we will head to our traditional Thursday evening dinner.  This is one aspect of our meet that I really do enjoy.  It's great to sit down and break bread with 20 to 30 of your buddies.  Of course, we're always looking for newbies to join in. 

Once dinner is finished, if there is enough interest, there will be a slide/movie show back at that the depot. 

Friday morning things get going for real.  The doors will open at 8am.  There will be coffee available. 

The first clinic will be presented at 9am.  Typically, that's a simple affair and amounts to me welcoming folks to the RPM and a short presentation.  We try to put on one clinic an hour.  However, some run a bit long.  I think Greg Stevens and Jim Six hold the record for clinic length.  

Around 5pm we will break for dinner.  There are many dining options in Marion.  After dinner, around 630pm or so, if there is enough interest, there will be another slide/movie presentation at the depot.  

Saturday begins just like Friday.  Doors open at 8am, for setup.  Coffee and DONUTS will be available as well. 
Like Friday, the first clinic rolls out at 9am.  We will break for lunch at noon.  After lunch, around 2pm, we will have our door prize drawing.  I can't express this enough, YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!  Also, Mark Kerlick, you can not PURCHASE the winning ticket!!!  Lol

Cleanup will begin around 4pm or so.  After cleanup there is our Traditional meet closing cookout.  This is an extra fare event and the cost is going to be $10.00.   This is also a great time.  We generally have 30 or so folks enjoying the final event of the meet.  I would like to thank, in advance, Brandon Reams, Jeff Reams, Kevin Tweed, and Jennifer Burns Tweed for their hard work feeding all of us.  They do a GREAT job. 

Speaking of cost, the meet itself is only $20.00 for the whole weekend. That's a darn good bargin. 

As is usually the case, we're looking for folks who are willing to present a clinic.  At the CORPM, those who present a clinic are subject to the ridicule of those who attend your clinic!! Lol.....  Of course, I'm just kidding.  Those who present a clinic enjoy free admission to the meet. If you are willing to present a clinic, please contact me via messenger, or email at seaboard_1966@yahoo.com 

With the explosion of the freelance modeler movement, let me remind folks that the CORPM is indeed open to freelance modelers.  I've got a feeling we will have numerous freelancers in attendance this year.  

I'm also looking for small vendors to attend the meet.  If you operate a small model railroading related company, please contact me.  We may have space for you.  Right now, I'm trying to get the folks at 3D Central to attend.  Doctor Dave Hickcox, our local book seller,  is in the process of winding things down.  I don't know what his status will be by then. 

So, in closing.
Who.     A bunch of us, you included
What.    2024 Central OHIO RPM
When.   October 10-12, 2024
Where.  MARION UNION STATION
Why.      Because we want to. It also benefits The Marion Union Station Association

Kevin, Dale DeVene, Greg and myself can't wait to see you folks there.

Please feel free to copy and paste this to any model railroading groups that you belong to.  Thanks.

Date: 03/24/24 07:23
Re: 2024 Central Ohio RPM
Author: sixaxlecentury

Shame it is the same weekend as the Naperville RPM or I probably would have come.  

Date: 03/24/24 11:39

Well, we announced our dates for this last year, at the end of last year's meet.  Once I set the date, it's difficult to change it.  Perhaps the Naperville folks should have done a bit more due diligence. 

Date: 03/24/24 13:14
Author: TomG

SALGUY Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, we announced our dates for this last year,
> at the end of last year's meet.  Once I set the
> date, it's difficult to change it.  Perhaps the
> Naperville folks should have done a bit more due
> diligence. 

Why? Naperville already has their follwing and going draw upon their already established reputation. Maybe you should do a bit more dilligence so you didnt have to compete with the already established.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/24 13:16 by TomG.

Date: 03/24/24 16:10

This is actually the rebirth of the Naperville show.  For numerous years it was just a train show.  I used to go to it.  Our dates for this year were published the day last year's ended.  This is on them. For you imply anything else is irresponsible on your part. 

Date: 03/24/24 16:37
Author: Lighter

The Central Ohio RPM has been around many years. The two meets also have different draws.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/24 16:39 by Lighter.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0566 seconds