Home Open Account Help 138 users online

Model Railroading > Tonopah and tidewater??

Date: 04/05/24 10:52
Tonopah and tidewater??
Author: rgcw5

(screams maniacally into the void) why can't I model a normal railroad like Union Pacific??

So after that outburst I would like to ask the group minds of the model railroad forum here in train orders, is there any sort of model locomotive in HO scale other than bachman's doodlebug that I could make a reasonable facsimile of a tonopah and tidewater locomotive? 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/24 10:53 by rgcw5.

Date: 04/05/24 13:53
Re: Tonopah and tidewater??
Author: JDLX

A couple of Bachmann’s old tall driver ten wheelers would be reasonable stand ins for 1/9/10. The Athearn (MDC/Roundhouse) “Old Time” consolidations with a steel cab could make a good rendition of the T&T 5 and 6. The 7 and 8, my personal favorites, might be more difficult, they kind of fall into a bit of a hole in the world of commercially produced 2-8-0s, especially with their stubby smoke boxes. The NWSL 2-6-2t would be good for Tecopa 1. Then you have the Bullfrog Goldfield power that frequented the T&T. Don’t know how much help this is but might give you a starting place.

Jeff Moore
Elko, NV

Posted from iPhone

Date: 04/06/24 02:27
Author: NevinW

I'm originally from Nevada and I modelled the Tonopah and Tidewater for over 10 years.  I still have most of the engines and cars put away in storage.  The T&T, Las Vegas and Tonopah and the Bullfrog Goldfield were all interesting railroads that were all interconnected in Rhyolite, Beatty and Goldfield.  We spent many weekends driving around Beatty and Goldfield.  The Bachmann 4-6-0 is pretty close to a dead ringer for these engines as they were ordered from Baldwin at about the same time and the Ma & Pa engines that were the prototype for the Bachmann models.  If you are interested, I'd be willing to share what I have.  

Date: 04/06/24 08:30
Author: rgcw5

NevinW Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm originally from Nevada and I modelled the
> Tonopah and Tidewater for over 10 years.  I still
> have most of the engines and cars put away in
> storage.  The T&T, Las Vegas and Tonopah and the
> Bullfrog Goldfield were all interesting railroads
> that were all interconnected in Rhyolite, Beatty
> and Goldfield.  We spent many weekends driving
> around Beatty and Goldfield.  The Bachmann 4-6-0
> is pretty close to a dead ringer for these engines
> as they were ordered from Baldwin at about the
> same time and the Ma & Pa engines that were the
> prototype for the Bachmann models.  If you are
> interested, I'd be willing to share what I
> have.  

I am absolutely interested!

Posted from Android

Date: 04/09/24 03:30
Author: NevinW

PM sent.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0399 seconds