Home Open Account Help 326 users online

Model Railroading > Rapido to use Cannon fans on the GP40

Date: 04/15/24 09:05
Rapido to use Cannon fans on the GP40
Author: dmaffei

Received my Rapido newsletter this morning and was blown away by this news. Looks like the GP38 as well. As Rapido states in the newsletter, the gold standard in fans. 
Way to go Rapido!

Date: 04/15/24 14:14
Re: Rapido to use Cannon fans on the GP40
Author: NSDTK

There not cannon fans, They are Cannon parts made under license, so they might end up being differnt from cannon

Date: 04/15/24 22:21
Author: atsf121

NSDTK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There not cannon fans, They are Cannon parts made
> under license, so they might end up being differnt
> from cannon

I was wondering about that, makes more sense that it's a license than Cannon shipping parts to a Rapido factory.

Nathan

Date: 04/16/24 18:58
Author: TomG

Who knows, maybe a deal was made and Rapido is producing them for Cannon. That could be a win win for both companies like the arrangement between Highliner and Athearn

Date: 04/16/24 20:10
Author: dmaffei

No matter how you look at it, it's a win for modelers moving the bar higher for model manufacturers and a win for Cannon as hopefully the company will get some compensation along with the recognition of having a superior product. 

Date: 04/16/24 20:44
Author: TomG

dmaffei Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No matter how you look at it, it's a win for
> modelers moving the bar higher for model
> manufacturers and a win for Cannon as hopefully
> the company will get some compensation along with
> the recognition of having a superior product. 

I agree Dave. With 2 of the premier manufacturers one uping the other for the best GP40, we win in the end with amazing models. I already have reservations on all 6 ScaleTrains WP GP40s and will reserve all the WP units Rapido makes. Those Canon fans are so gorgous, its a shame the WP units are pan tops and cover up some of that beauty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/24 20:48 by TomG.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0383 seconds