Home Open Account Help 347 users online

Model Railroading > Help with a E Bay item damaged by my BOZO mailman

Date: 04/15/24 16:01
Help with a E Bay item damaged by my BOZO mailman
Author: miralomarail

Today I was waiting on a Athearn Passenger car arriving in US Mail, so I wateh in horror as BOZO the mailman   KICKED my package to my front door .   Despite Grat packing my Passenger car was apart, one truck isn't rolling well , so I assume it needs   C.O.T.S  ( Check Oil Tested Stenciled ) or some type of oil ? 

Tom Hirsch
Cherry Valley................................No Post Office here.

Date: 04/15/24 16:10
Re: Help with a E Bay item damaged by my BOZO mailman
Author: gandydancer4

I would DEFINITELY report this to the local Postmaster. I don't think the Feds would take too kindly to this kind of mishandling....on the other hand, it IS the Feds, so.....

Date: 04/15/24 18:12
Author: Westbound

Suggest you make a personal visit to your nearest, controlling post office - or postal distribution point where the carriers work from. Take photos with you. Carrier complaints are taken seriously.

Date: 04/15/24 19:54
Author: DTrainshooter

No excuse for that kind of handling. Lord knows the USPS is getting paid plenty in postage to handle packages...and they want more ! 

Date: 04/15/24 21:06
Author: miralomarail

Westbound Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Suggest you make a personal visit to your nearest,
> controlling post office - or postal distribution
> point where the carriers work from. Take photos
> with you. Carrier complaints are taken seriously.

My mail comes from Beaumont, Yes as in Beaumont Hill.   Me and my neighbors have been down there many times !  Did no good all we hear is how GREAT this mailman is , usually after he goes past we all get together to exchange mail as he can't tell the difference of anyone's address .   The Postmaster is no better, as a Army Veteran , It makes me upset to see Old Glory upside down on the flag pole and no one does a thing or knows the difference.

Date: 04/15/24 22:29
Author: atsf121

Super frustrating.  If the post office isn't responding, I'd send a nice note to your local congressional representative.  They might shake the trees for you, worth a shot.

Nathan

Date: 04/15/24 23:32
Author: PHall

Now you know why I got a post office box, no more porch pirates and carriers practicing their drop kicks.

Date: 04/16/24 09:39
Author: Streamliner

Honestly, I'm sure some folks have had bad experiences with delivery people, but I don't see this as being an "everywhere, everyone" phenomenon.  I believe that for the most part, delivery folks do a decent if not a great job.  Kicking a parcel certainly isn't acceptable and I would report such behavior if I witnessed it, but the vast majority of USPS, UPS, FedEx & other delivery personnel I have come into contact with have been just fine.

Date: 04/16/24 09:39
Author: jcaestecker

atsf121 Wrote:
> Super frustrating.  If the post office isn't
> responding, I'd send a nice note to your local
> congressional representative.  They might shake
> the trees for you, worth a shot.
>
> Nathan

I second Nathan's idea.  A similar complaint from a friend of mine years ago in Cali elicited a swift response and improvement.

-John

Date: 04/16/24 17:30
Author: wabash2800

I worked in a warehouse a few years for a retailer (Sweetwater Sound) before I retired, and the act of kicking a customer's package is just stupid. Anyone doing that should be fired on the spot. I will say that we did take pride in going above and beyond in packaging the product. Occasionally, we would get emails and photos from customers that really appreciated that. They would comment about that after someone had abused the package after it left our warehouse and the product was still safe and sound. It was not unusual for customers to let us know how much they appreciated our packaging efforts. Yes, it costs extra (shipping is free), but whatever makes the customer happy is good for business. That is how our founder and now chairman-of-the-board built the business into a billion dollar enterprise.

Victor Baird

Date: 04/16/24 17:37
Author: Streamliner

Many years ago, when I first bought my shop, I spoke with someone at UPS and they told me that a parcel should be able to withstand a toss from shoulder height and hitting concrete.  That's how I have packed ever since.

Date: 04/17/24 08:42
Author: BAB

Streamliner Wrote:
> Many years ago, when I first bought my shop, I
> spoke with someone at UPS and they told me that a
> parcel should be able to withstand a toss from
> shoulder height and hitting concrete.  That's how
> I have packed ever since.
Very true read some of the comments but no one suggested the big thing they really want. Pictures before opening and then of how it was packed along with damage pix.  Have gone down the damage road and that is what they want to see. If it was not packed right its on the sender not the Post Office.  Thats the same with Ebay too the way it was treated is hear say to start with unless there is picture proof of how it was handled.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0579 seconds