Home Open Account Help 173 users online

Model Railroading > Aurora Miniatures Greenbrier 7550 cf 60' Plate F Boxcar...

Date: 04/25/24 06:06
Aurora Miniatures Greenbrier 7550 cf 60' Plate F Boxcar...
Author: wheel_slip

Aurora Miniatures Greenbrier 7550 cf 60' Plate F Boxcar...I'm somewhat a fan of what Aurora Miniatures has brought to the table so far. I've picked up their SD60F and a few of their cars and have been quite impressed with the quality of the product.I originally intended to grab one or two Greenbrier 7550 cf 60' Plate F Boxcar's decorated for Union Pacific but when I went to the hobby shop to pick them up I was quite disappointed with the "paint job" these cars have. Yes, the lettering is exquisite and the tooling is second to none and the trucks Aurora Miniatures uses are simply beautiful, but I couldn't buy the car... It looks as if they simply lettered a yellow plastic "unpainted" car. To me it looked pathetic. Weather or not it is painted is being debated in different forums but to me it looks like yellow plastic with excellent lettering applied. Yuck!I couldn't leave the shop empty handed and disappointed so I examined one of the other Aurora Miniatures Greenbrier 7550 cf 60' Plate F Boxcar's on the shelf. The blue BKTY (GATX) boxcar won my heart and it lived up to what I have come to expect from Aurora Miniatures... A beautiful model of a modern piece of equipment. So, BKTY 157623 has entered service on the layout...

Andy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/24 17:37 by wheel_slip.

Date: 04/25/24 07:18
Re: Aurora Miniatures Greenbrier 7550 cf 60' Plate F Boxcar...
Author: PasadenaSub

Beautiful work!  I pass strings of these cars every work day along I-215 between Riverside and Perris, CA along the BNSF/Metrolink San Jacinto line.  Lots of dark blue GATX cars, both with the 'Buckety' (BKTY) and LRS reporting marks.

And every one has graffitti along the lower part of the sides - just like yours.

Rich

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/24 07:19 by PasadenaSub.

Date: 04/25/24 18:19
Author: callen77

Looks real, wow. Job well done!

Date: 04/27/24 23:15
Author: atsf121

Great looking car

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.03 seconds