Home Open Account Help 202 users online

Model Railroading > A few more photos from the Grand Road

Date: 05/05/24 15:49
A few more photos from the Grand Road
Author: grandroad

The 9' x13' N Scale Grand Road is no match for the La Mesa Tehachapi Pass layout (see below). However, I enjoy taking photos of the Grand Road which depicts about two miles of mainline on the western slope of the Colorado Rockies. I'm still practicing using my IPhone with a stacking program. 
1. On the high line is the LADNST (Los Angeles to Denver Stack) with 3x2x1 DPU and 43 wells. Climbing in to town of Terror Creek is the PODNHL (Portland to Denver Hauler) pulling 30 cars which are mostly empty tank cars heading for the refinery in Denver.
2. This is the same shot as #1 but from a different location. If you are the Company Photographer and CEO you can hold the trains as long as you want to get a reasonable photograph.
3. The PODNHL (Portland to Denver Hauler) is approaching Terror Creek.
One More Below

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 05/05/24 15:51
Re: A few more photos from the Grand Road

4. Another shot of the Stack and Hauler from another location.

Thnaks for looking.

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

Date: 05/05/24 16:37
Author: texchief1

Those are some great scenes!

texchief1

Date: 05/05/24 17:54
Author: wabash2800

Those Truss bridges look good. A lot of N-scalers use the Kato ones that don't look right, IMO. Your modeling is exceptional.

Victor Baird

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/24 17:56 by wabash2800.

Date: 05/05/24 17:55
Author: SPDRGWfan

Always a well presented layout!

Date: 05/05/24 21:08
Author: railstiesballast

Can you share what Photo Stacking software you use and your opinion of it?

Date: 05/06/24 17:21

railstiesballast, I'm using CameraPixels on my iPhone. It is not very expensive and works good. These shots are 30-photos per stack and Helicon focus processes them like a champ. I'm sure I could get the same results at 10 or 20-photos per stack but have to watch for "unresolved' holes in the middle. If you go this way let me know and I'll help you get started. There is a learning curve since there are no directions that I know of. 

Paul Brennecke
Golden, CO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0678 seconds