Home Open Account Help 342 users online

Model Railroading > EX- Burlington Northern Lease Unit Pics Wanted.

Date: 03/05/04 17:21
EX- Burlington Northern Lease Unit Pics Wanted.
Author: CSX7054

I am looking for EX- BN Leased SD40-2'S Just bought a used HO Scale model and want to make her into the lease unit.

TIA
Steven

Date: 03/05/04 18:30
Re: EX- Burlington Northern Lease Unit Pics Wanted.
Author: kenw

like, you mean those still in the green/black but with BNSF and the long hood # painted out with a miscellaneous Krylon green? There seem to be quite a few varieties out there, some still have the US flag sticker. Some have the nose stripes still, some have those Krylon'd out. Some look mint except for the BNSF painted over and CEFX (or whatever) stencilled over it.

I think just about anything you do will have a proto out there somewhere.....

Date: 03/05/04 19:17
Author: Hazmat

Steven,

Send me an Email and I will send you a shot I got this week of CEFX 7100 at the Newhall Yard in Santa Clara/San Jose. Its not the greatest shot but gives you the entire firemans side.

Hazmat29@aol.com

Chris

Date: 03/06/04 13:34
Author: brfriedm

I have plenty.

Bruce Friedman

Date: 03/06/04 13:37

I have plenty.

Bruce Friedman

Date: 03/06/04 13:42

Sorry for the double posts. System would not take the pictures at first. Let's try this again. :)

Bruce

Date: 03/06/04 13:42

Bruce

Date: 03/06/04 13:43

Bruce

Date: 03/06/04 13:44

Bruce

Date: 03/06/04 13:49

Bruce

Date: 03/06/04 13:50

That should keep you busy!

Bruce

Date: 03/06/04 16:59
Author: CSX7054

WOW... Yeah that should. Thanks for all your help. lol Will post pics of the finished project as the time nears.

Steven

Date: 03/06/04 19:20
Author: FECSD40-2

Great pics, thanks for sharing!!! I live about 4 blocks away from CSX's Florida City branch here in South Miami and have seen these from time to time on the rock trains that pass through once a day, as well as on work trains. I have also seen a CEFX SD40M-2 in an SD45 carbody like seen in one of your pics, it was in excellent condition and looked a lot better than the Helm leasers. The rock train also has had ex UP C36-7M locos as well as C30-7's with HLGX lettering still in their BN green, treated similarly to their EMD counterparts. The local rock train has allowed me to see most every kind of six axle loco on CSX, except for the flaired SD70MAC's and the SD80MAC's, I've seen every other kind of C-C on CSX. Just this past Tuesday the rock train had a real surprise, UP flaired, flagged SD70M 4980 leading an 85xx series SD50. 100% fun!! I know it will be fun to see the completed SD40-2, I can't wait! See you down the line!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0509 seconds