Home Open Account Help 265 users online

Model Railroading > BLI ATSF 3751

Date: 05/27/04 09:08
BLI ATSF 3751
Author: JoeyGooganelli

These units should be arriving at everyone's door any day. I got to play with one today. The sounds seems pretty good and the looks seem nice. my only problem i had with the engine was the color. They are a grey color. not black. don't know if that was a snafu from them or if that is the offering for when it was running in the 50's. can anyone else confirm that? it ran great!

Joe

Date: 05/27/04 12:25
Re: BLI ATSF 3751
Author: garyj

I got to test run mine at the LHS last night, and it ran flawlessly! I only had straight DC with a sidekick, but I'm not complaining!

Gary

Date: 05/27/04 14:25
Author: Runs4TheNS

JoeyGooganelli Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> These units should be arriving at everyone's door
> any day. I got to play with one today. The
> sounds seems pretty good and the looks seem nice.
> my only problem i had with the engine was the
> color. They are a grey color. not black.

Does anyone have any pictures of the production models they can post here? All I can find on eBay and around the 'Net are preproduction samples. Would like to see what the engine looks like before I go and pick up the one I ordered...

Date: 05/27/04 16:41
Author: mmosher

Date: 05/27/04 17:50
Author: Runs4TheNS

mmosher Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> There's some pic's here:
> http://www.tonystrains.com/technews/loconews/broad
> way-atsf-052404.htm
>
> Michael

Thanks for the link, Michael. So far, I'm not totally discouraged that my order was a waste. When it comes to steam locomotive models, however, I want real black paint (when applicable) ... rather than a third party's interpretation as to what a "weathered" black should be. Most modelers get the weathering way too light, and to me it just doesn't look right as compared to the real steamers I've been around.

If I don't want a jet black steamer, and want the detail brought out, I'd much prefer to weather the model myself than have the manufacturer try to do it for me...

Date: 05/28/04 13:40
Author: mcdeo

All I know is that the sound is incredible and the model looks and runs superb. Wish I had the money for this one!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0452 seconds