Author: Mudrock

A look at some changes along this line.

http://www.trainweb.org/chris/newsd.html
enjoy,

Chris

Date: 12/24/06 14:17
Re: A morning Surfliner ride story
Author: mcdeo

Thanks for the update, been meaning to ask about the new double track just north of the Coaster/Oceanside facility. Couldn't really tell from the freeway, but it does look like a new track is going in, which is now confirmed.

So with this CP Flores to CP Puller double track, it's just connecting two fairly close sidings? This should allow for longer BNSF meets if they need them and provide for greater flexibilities with meets in the area.

On a side note, noticed that the 17th street, Santa Ana CP is being setup for a single crossover. I'm guessing that the Orange new crossover would handle the 'other' direction crossover point? Any one know?

Which I guess would lead to the next question, what types of crossovers, if any, are planned for CP Flores and CP Puller?

Have a Happy Holidays and everyone enjoy their time off.

Date: 12/24/06 21:28

The single crossover at CP Lincoln is so the UP and BNSF locals can get to the proper track for northbound movements when they are done. Orange already has a double crossover.

Chris

Date: 12/24/06 21:45
Author: mcdeo

Thanks for the info.

I know about the 'north end' of Orange, I was thinking of the new 'south end' near the second bridge, before the 22 freeway underpass. Once the double track is in, will there still be a single crossover? or will that switch be eliminated?

Just curious.

Date: 12/25/06 07:23

CP La Veta will be history.

Chris

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0324 seconds