Home Open Account Help 276 users online

Passenger Trains > Route 128 MBTA to South Station?

Date: 03/04/07 16:43
Route 128 MBTA to South Station?
Author: AJT

Planning a trip to Boston with the kids during mid-week of their Easter break. Was considering lodging outside of the city, and taking MBTA from Route 128. The schedules from 128 look reasonable, and the MBTA web site lists something like 3,000 parking spaces there - a big deck? Anyone with actual experience in using 128 as more-or-less a 'home base' for trips into Boston?

Date: 03/05/07 00:44
Re: Route 128 MBTA to South Station?
Author: TheOssman

It is a massive parking garage. I live north of Boston, but only by about 35 miles. I usually use the Alewife Red Line station in Cambridge when I want to head into Boston, but that (also 3,000 spaces) fills up during the workweek. I'd assume the Route 128 station may be similar, but I'd bet, during the week anyway, you'd probably have better luck with that as opposed to Alewife. Most of the Amtrak trains also stop at Route 128. Route 128 would also be more convenient for anyone not coming from north or northwest of Boston. I do wish you well, Boston is a great city to go to.

AJT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Planning a trip to Boston with the kids during
> mid-week of their Easter break. Was considering
> lodging outside of the city, and taking MBTA from
> Route 128. The schedules from 128 look
> reasonable, and the MBTA web site lists something
> like 3,000 parking spaces there - a big deck?
> Anyone with actual experience in using 128 as
> more-or-less a 'home base' for trips into Boston?

Date: 03/05/07 03:03
Author: bandob

A few years ago we stayed at a hotel, a Sheraton, I think, in Dedham. While it was near Rte 128, it was also walking distance to the Dedham MBTA station.

Bandob

Date: 03/05/07 03:09
Author: bandob

I checked, no, not a Sheraton. The Hilton at Dedham Place. Short walk just down the street to the MBTA Station.

Bandob

Date: 03/05/07 05:48
Author: avogel

I've stayed in Salem and then used trains to get to Boston. Very easy and Salem itself is well a day's visit. The old Hawthorne Hotel is very nice and just a short, pleasant walk to the station.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0321 seconds