Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Passenger Trains > Guest Rewards Question

Date: 03/30/07 11:42
Guest Rewards Question
Author: Adamscharters

Amtrak Guest Rewards advertises on thier website that you get 3 points per dollar spent in the Apple I-tunes store. What I can't seem to figure out is how to activate it in my Itunes. Any ideas?

Buying music equals free train rides, there is a god!

Adam Auxier

Date: 03/30/07 12:00
Re: Guest Rewards Question
Author: sfericsf

Wow I learn something new everyday. And you get 1500 points for joining Netflix!

I download songs off i-tunes all the time. If you figure it out let us know.

Date: 03/30/07 12:31
Author: mundo

Ask guest rewards...toll free phone

Date: 03/30/07 12:55
Author: smitty195

I had to call AGR anyway regarding a ticket exchange/FedEx thing I'm doing with them, so I asked about the iTunes deal while I was on the phone with them. Here's the scoop......

You can NOT earn AGR points from purchasing songs/videos/TV shows/movies from iTunes. Bummer.

You can only earn AGR points on purchases that you make by doing this:

-On the left side of their home page, click on the link that says, "Visit Our Online Mall"
**NOTE** I am using a Macintosh computer, and the steps she walked me through had slightly different wording as she was using a Windoze computer, but you'll figure it out since the wording/icons are very similar
-Under "Mall Categories", click on "SEE ALL MERCHANTS"
-Scroll down until you see the green Apple Store Icon, and click on "Shop Now" (or the icon...same thing)
-When you click on this, it will re-direct you to an Apple web page where you will see iPods for sale. The Apple webpage "knows" that you came from the AGR website, so any purchase you make by coming through this link will give you the AGR points.

Whatever purchases you make from THAT SPECIFIC Apple Store web page ONLY will give you 1 point per 1 dollar spent, and it will show up in you AGR account about 5 weeks later.

My two cents:

1) It is not very clear on how to earn points. They need to improve this so that people understand how it works with iTunes. Right now, it's as clear as mud.
2) Why don't they allow you to earn points on ALL Apple Store purchases, and not just select iPods? If this is the way they choose to run this part of the program, well, okay...but at least tell the customers that it's good for select iPod purchases ONLY and nothing else. We shouldn't have to go through all of this crap to get a simple answer.

(Edited to correct some typos)

Date: 03/30/07 14:50
Author: joemvcnj

I don't know what the terms will be under the new bank. I never had an Amtrak-affinity credit card. But I think the credit card should be disconnected from the AGR program. Like most Chase-affinity cards, they award 1% cash back for everything, and 2 or 3% back for the name of the outfit that is on the card (i.e. Sprint).

Date: 03/30/07 19:56
Author: ry

So, really, it's points for purchases at the Apple ONLINE STORE, *not* the iTunes Store.

One point per dollar, added to the "up-to-two" points per dollar you get by using the credit card (through May) would equal three points. But iTunes Store is verrrry different from the Apple Online Store..

Date: 03/30/07 20:46

Yes, that's a good way to put it. :-)
(provided you get there by logging onto AGR, and following the links to get to that page.....and not going there directly)

ry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So, really, it's points for purchases at the Apple
> ONLINE STORE, *not* the iTunes Store.

Date: 03/31/07 15:39
Author: drew1946

joemvcnj Wrote:
> I don't know what the terms will be under the new
> bank. I never had an Amtrak-affinity credit card.
> But I think the credit card should be disconnected
> from the AGR program. Like most Chase-affinity
> cards, they award 1% cash back for everything, and
> 2 or 3% back for the name of the outfit that is on
> the card (i.e. Sprint).

Is there a new bank issuing a AGR credit card? I have one of the MBNA cards which, of course, are now part of Red Neck National Bank (sometimes known as Bank of America) and they stop issuing points on that around the first of May.

Date: 03/31/07 16:01

drew1946 Wrote:
> I have one of the MBNA cards which, of course, are
> now part of Red Neck National Bank (sometimes
> known as Bank of America)....

You mean Bank of Amigo.

Date: 04/01/07 16:19
Author: Chessie1963

I dumped my Bank of Amigo card last week. The interest rate kept creeping up and was at 24%. I usually pay it in full, so not a big deal. Then this thing came in the mail telling me there would be a minimum finance charge of $1.50 a month if any balance did not result in a higher fee. What jerks. I also canceled my LL Bean card at the same time (BoA is the company, again).

Giving cards to illegals got my attention. The way BoA treated me in the last 6 months iced the deal. Their loss.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0544 seconds